Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Berceli78
247 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2014 Troubles

Hello,

I recently signed up for and downloaded a free trial of Revit 2014. I was really excited to get REVIT and work on my skills but when I tried  to open a project (rvt) file that I had previously created, I was unable to open it. My rvt. file was created with Revit version 2013, so I am not sure if there is a compatibility problem opening it with Revit 2014. I also had another issue: for some reason Revit 2014 wants to store my files in the Cloud and does not allow me to open files I from my computer’s C drive. Can anyone please help?

Thank you,

JS

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: Berceli78

there are 2 versions of the trial

make sure you are using the correct one

Online trial

• Start using in minutes
  • No software to install – just the player  (1.4MB)
  • Access, save, and retrieve files through Autodesk® 360 cloud-based workspace
  • Same features as download version, with the exception of worksharing collaboration
  • Accessible from virtually any web-connected computer

Desktop trial

• Download and install directly on your desktop
  • Full use of Revit

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

if your using the online trial which you are

you can only save and open from autodesk 360 you can't open or save to your local machine

download/install the desktop trial  for this functionality

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report