Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Trial Download -- Network Failure

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
joel
22809 Views, 15 Replies

Revit 2014 Trial Download -- Network Failure

I am attempting to install the Revit 2014 Trial using the Install Now button on the website.  After having successfully downloaded on one computer in our office, I cannot successfully download/install on identical computers.

I have tried this several times and always receive a "Network Failure" error, followed by a "Setup Initialization Failed -- Error downloading..." error (see attached images).

This is similar to the problem reported here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Inventor-2014-Free-trial-installation-problem/m...

And here:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?148959-Install-Error-Network-Failure

I long for the days when we could simply download an installer.

Please advise.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
philip.s
in reply to: joel

Welcome to the community Joel!

There are a few Install Now troubleshooting tips on our Up and Ready blog which might be worth looking into.

Outside of those I can tell you that we are in the process of building out a Revit 2014 browser download package, and can definitely let you know when it's available.

Message 3 of 16
joel
in reply to: philip.s

Thanks Philip -

I had already seen that article and tried opening several of those ports without any change in behavior.

Please let me know once a browser download package is available.

Also, what is a "browser download package"?

Finally, do you expect it to be available in days, weeks, or months?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 16
philip.s
in reply to: joel

The browser download package is what is essentially turned into a link that spawns the download from ones web browser. While not a guarantee, I would anticipate that it's available within the next week.

Message 5 of 16
philip.s

Confirming that Revit 2014 direct browser download links are now available in Matt, our Virtual Assistant!

From Matt: Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product -> Autodesk Revit Products -> Autodesk Revit.

Message 6 of 16
dave.j.norton

Hey, Im also havign the same issue on REVIT 2013, it keeps going to network failure... im not too computer savy, where do i put the network ports in. thanks!
dave

Message 7 of 16
philip.s
in reply to: dave.j.norton

Welcome to the community Dave!

Can you make sure that you're not closing or refreshing the web page immediately after you click Install Now, and are waiting for the <abc>_Setup.exe to download and run?

As one of the causes listed is that a firewall could be blocking the necessary ports,have you tried temporarily disabling your firewall or opening up ports 80 and 443?

How to open a port in Windows 7

If that doesn't work, you may want to consider using one of the alternative download methods, specifically Browser Download which can be accessed via Matt, our Virtual Agent.

Here to help if additional assistance is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Message 8 of 16
yplatko

I recently got a new computer and i am trying to download the student version of revit 2013&2014 and autocad 2013&2014. Half way through installation I get the "network failure" error. I have tried to run it as admin; to disable my firewall and then run it; to run it with my antivirus temporarily disabled; to open ports 80 & 443 and nothing has worked so far. I have also tried the different methods of downloading/installing. I have windows 7 (64bit). Is there a solution to this problem. I got a new computer to be able to run these programs faster but now I cant even download them. Please give me some suggestions on how to fix this. thanks! 

Message 9 of 16
TravisNave
in reply to: yplatko

Message 10 of 16
leandroenir
in reply to: yplatko

Did you solve this problem? becouse i'm with the same...and i didn't find in this guy's link!

Message 11 of 16
philip.s
in reply to: leandroenir

Still experiencing this issue @leandroenir?

If so have you tried using one of the alternative download methods such as Browser Download which can be accessed directly from the Autodesk Virtual Agent? 

If you're able to do so but still are unable to install, can you then please attach your installation log here?

Message 12 of 16
jmara008

also getting network error, with install now and then when i tried browser download it said it was missing files. here's my install now log...

Message 13 of 16
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: jmara008

Hi @jmara008

Welcome to the Community. It seems that you are trying to download Inventor 2015. Please note that for browser download, the installer is divided into 2 parts, so you'll have to ensure that both parts are downloaded and saved first.

You can try re-downloading from the Virtual Agent instead, from there click on Download Links -> Inventor Products -> Autodesk Inventor -> and click on the links under 2015 (64bit). 

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 14 of 16
mda.adm31
in reply to: leandroenir

Message 15 of 16
dholloway543
in reply to: mda.adm31

I have found a fix to the problem tinkering with my computer that HAD the same problem. Just right click the .exe installer, goto propertys, and change compatiblility to Windows Xp (Service Pack 3) and wala.

Message 16 of 16
sas_iuliu
in reply to: dholloway543

Hi, I had the same problem. You have to do only one thing especialy on windows 8. WHe the .exe is downloaded open it in the donwload folder, right click and Run as Administrator. and it will work. Weird studd

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report