Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 says its already installed and won't let reinstall

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
milesjeremyglover
3066 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2014 says its already installed and won't let reinstall

The installation of Revit Architecture 2014 was disrupted for me during the night, I believe because my battery died.  The product did not fully install, however some parts of it showed up here and there.  It did not show up in my list of programs to uninstall, however, and I just removed any parts of it I could find.  I even went through and followed the "Autodesk how to remove all programs from you computer" tutorial. 

The problem is when I try to Install Revit Architecture 2014 cleanly, it doesn't allow me because it says I already have it installed.  I uninstalled a different Autodesk product with the Autodesk uninstall tool, and Revit 2014 was listed in the prompt, but it fails when I try to uninstall it using the Autodesk prompt.

I'm not sure what remnants of the program I have on my computer, but something is hindering me from Installing it properly.

Suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I would try Microsoft FixIt, which can often identify and remove partial installations.  If that doesn't work or you continue to experience problems with this Revit install, please post your install log file, which should help to identify the cause of the problem.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 3 of 5
maggieb
in reply to: milesjeremyglover

I am working on parallels and am having the same problem of revit saying it is already installed.  It wont let me install it but i cant use the fix it program to get rid of what is hindering me from reinstalling it properly.  Any suggestions?

Message 4 of 5

did you manage to solve this issue? i having the same issue

Message 5 of 5
maggieb
in reply to: sison419

I had to remove every auto desk application from my computer. Then I got it to reinstall.

Sent from my iPhone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report