Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 license error 10: cannot start adlm

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
doug
2674 Views, 8 Replies

Revit 2014 license error 10: cannot start adlm

When starting Revit 2014 for the first time after a restart, I get the message "license error 10: cannot start adlm".  Revit does continue to launch.

This started after installing Service Pack 1.  Tried Repair, but did not resolve problem.  Also uninstalled and reinstalled, but that did not help.

Revit 2013 is unaffected.

Single user stand-alone license.

Windows 7, 64-bit

Douglas Bowers, AIA, LEED AP
Revit Architecture 2016 Certified Professional
Revit Structure 2016 Certified Professional
Revit MEP 2016 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2016 Certified Professional
www.dougbowersconsulting.com
blog: http://aectechtalk.wordpress.com

Please use Mark Solutions > Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
avto
in reply to: doug

Hi Doug,

Could you please check TS22241522 and let us know if it helps in this case.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 9
doug
in reply to: avto

That seems to have resolved the issue.

Thank you!

Douglas Bowers, AIA, LEED AP
Revit Architecture 2016 Certified Professional
Revit Structure 2016 Certified Professional
Revit MEP 2016 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2016 Certified Professional
www.dougbowersconsulting.com
blog: http://aectechtalk.wordpress.com

Please use Mark Solutions > Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 9
pajero
in reply to: avto

Hey I am having the same problem but I cannot click on that link you posted to fix it. Could you explain to me how to fix this?  I am getting Error 10: cannot start adlm whenever I open my recently installed Revit 2014. 

Message 5 of 9
lharrison2495

I would also like to know what the resolution was, but the link will not connect.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 9
jessica.t
in reply to: lharrison2495

Hi Louis,

Error 10 typically means that you've exceeded your activation limit and now must contact our Activation and Registration team for a manual activation. Please see this solution on how to do so. If you have any other questions please respond to this post. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 9
narella1

When starting Revit 2014 for the first time after a restart, I get the message "license error 10: cannot start adlm".  Revit does continue to launch.

Tried Repair, but did not resolve problem.  Also uninstalled and reinstalled, but that did not help.

It seems that I  exceeded my activation limit but what else can I do? I realy need the program.

Thank you very much!

Message 8 of 9
narella1
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi Jessica

I have the same problem! license error 10: cannot start adlm. What can I do??? I really need the program.

Thanks!

Message 9 of 9
jessica.t
in reply to: narella1

Hi @narella1,

Did you try the solutions and troubleshooting listed above? What was the result or how far were you able to make in those steps? Any further details would be appreciated. Thank you! 

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report