Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 installation 1402 error

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
m.brinkerink
871 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2014 installation 1402 error

Hello,

I've tried to install Revit 2014 (as part of Building design suite) 3 times now but the installations have failed every time.

I seemes to be installed completelly but in the end it says that the installation doesn't have the rights to alter some registry key (?\ROOLEAXCtrl.1\CLSID).

I have total admin rights on this workstation so I should be able to edit any registry key .

I have disabled the virusscanner but this hasn't altred the situation.

Could anyone please help?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

My first suggestion would be to try the solution outlined in the following technical solution.  While your windows user account is part of the administrators group, it is possible to have restricted privileges to certain areas of the registry and these steps should help to resolve this issue.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 3 of 3

Thank you very much,

The resetting of the rights in the registry solved this problem.

It is strange that the instalation of Revit 2012 and 2013 weren't affected by a lack of rights. Those installations were however 1 and 2 years and a lot of Windows updates ago.

Thanks for the quick solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report