Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Install on Windows 8.1 Please Help!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
s2852335
1195 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2014 Install on Windows 8.1 Please Help!!

Hello everyone,

I'm a University student trying to install a student version of Revit 2014 on my Laptop running Windows 8.1.

From searching around I understand that my laptop should be powerful enough to run Revit, however the system information is:

- Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit

- 1.6 GHz Quad Core AMD Phenom II
 - 4 GB DDR2 RAM
 - 1 GB ATI Radeon 5650 HD Graphics Card

I stress I need to install the 2014 version not the 2015 version.

So I run through the installation process and it gets to about halfway and then fails.

When I look at the Install log file everything seems to be going fine until I get to this line:

"Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable ATL Security Update (x86) Succeeded"

"Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable ATL Security Update (x64) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603"

I'll attach the log file too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: s2852335

Your product is failing to install because the prerequiste program required by the installer is failing prior to the installation of your Autodesk software.

If the prerequisite program already exists on your computer, it is likely newer than the one the Autodesk installer is attempting to install. Please uninstall the prerequisite program causing the issue and run your installer again.

For more information about this process, please see my KB link here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Some-Products-Fail-to-Install-Result-1603/td-p/...

If the prerequisite is not already installed and installation still fails, then you may need to make an advanced edit to the setup.ini file to ignore the error. Please make sure you manually install the prerequisite file from Microsoft and then modify the setup.ini file accordingly.

For more information on this process, please see my KB article here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Install-NET-Framework-Language-Pack-Failed-Inst...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
soobiajamal
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi ,

I have windows 8.1 and its 64 bit. I did remove c++ and i did restart the computer but i am having the same problem, i just cannot dowload revit....i have tried all the versions from 11 - 15, please help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report