Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 error on Startup

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
i.baker
3598 Views, 16 Replies

Revit 2014 error on Startup

Hi

I'm geting a problem on startup of Revit 2014 on serveral PCs:

'Default External Servers not available'

'Revit cannot find the default servers for the external services:

"Duct/Fitting Accessory Pressure Drop Calculator"

(long string of letters and numbers) by vendor "ADSK"

"Pipe/Fitting Accessory Pressure Drop Calculator"

"Pipe Pressure Drop Calculator"

"Plumbing flow calculator"

The following errors are logged in the journal file:

' 0:< DBG_WARN: The public key has been broken up. And the last error is 0.: line 32 of AddIn\AddInVerificationManager.cpp.

' 0:< DBG_WARN: Can't get cryptography provider.: line 37 of AddIn\AddInVerificationManager.cpp.

' 0:< DBG_WARN: Can't import public key!: line 46 of AddIn\AddInVerificationManager.cpp.

' 0:< DBG_INFO: A mandatory external service is missing its default server.Name(Duct Fitting/Accessory Pressure Drop Calculator), VendorId(ADSK), ServiceId(785d0bd7-3088-489a-af7a-593fc32e2540): line 258 of ExternalServices\ExternalServicesManager.cpp. 

This happens with and without the Revit 2014 service pack installed, with different user accounts.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the help

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
david.lau
in reply to: i.baker

Can you try the following steps:

1.  Repair installation

2.  Uninstall/ reinstall. (make sure installer is run as admin or has elevated privileges).  When you re-run setup, right mouse click on it and choose "Run As Administrator".

Thanks to the Revit Guru Chris Aquino to the tip/workflow.

David Lau
Message 3 of 17
kmwright.asu

We're having the same issue, we're you able to resolve it?

If you log in as the local machine administrator the program runs fine.  Any other account and the error pops up.

-Kyle W.

Message 4 of 17
david.lau
in reply to: kmwright.asu

Are you using Mandatory Profiles?  I am told from the Revit QA that this is a setup that has not been tested with Revit.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb776895(v=vs.85).aspx

David Lau
Message 5 of 17
kmwright.asu

Indeed, we are using mandatory profiles.  My guess is it's related to that, and something is installed in the profile at installation.  I copied much of the main user profile into our mandatory profile and was unable to get it to work though.

For now we just have it set to ignore\bypass the error as students report that the software still works as they need.

-Kyle

Message 6 of 17
grantdzaman

I am receiving this error after the installation of update release 2 for Revit 2014.

The error is on the start page of Revit.

Looks like the update release 2 is creating the problem.

Let me know if a solution exists.

Thanks,

Look at attached error

Message 7 of 17
brianwclayton1969

I'm having an issue with Autodesk Revit 2014 "Cannot find default servers for external services" I'm not using mandatory user profiles, I'm not connected to a server. I did download to the service pack 2. Has anyone find a solution for this? I'm getting ready for a class on Revit MEP 2014 and need the duct fitting, pipe, plumbing flow calculators to work.

I appreciate any assistance.

Thanks Brian

iceman1849@aol.com

Message 8 of 17
ROCMNTAB

I've got the same problem. I can't figure out why, Some clients have no issue  but then some do....

Same admin point, can anyone help? 

I would settle with blocking this error for the user because they don't use it anyway. (i think)

Message 9 of 17
lajansen
in reply to: ROCMNTAB

the error can be suppresed by the ini file in the appdata folder of the user you find the revit.ini adding the line [DSNM] Launching Revit With Invalid Services=1001 prevents the message from poping up
Message 10 of 17
ROCMNTAB

Thanks, i'll try that! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 17
SytzedeJong1846

Hello there, did you ever found a solution to this problem.

I have a windows 7 image on with we install rrevit 2014 and there we have no problems, but when we install revit on our Citrix servers (2008 or 2012) we get this errors.

The addins are not loaded.

You can suppress the erros but then you don't have those addins.

please advise.

[Window Title]
Default External Servers Not Available

[Main Instruction]
Revit cannot find default servers for the external services:

[Content]
"Duct Fitting/Accessory Pressure Drop Calculator" (785d0bd7-3088-489a-af7a-593fc32e2540) by vendor "ADSK"
"Pipe Fitting/Accessory Pressure Drop Calculator" (b8656566-e4ef-4e6a-bedb-9ecc6b5a2780) by vendor "ADSK"
"Duct Pressure Drop Calculator" (8c707bd6-ecd6-4150-a0df-bd6c85dd9bb0) by vendor "ADSK"
"Pipe Pressure Drop Calculator" (62d13e0c-9fe1-4d8e-a0c7-1f93d24cf3f3) by vendor "ADSK"
"Plumbing Flow Calculator" (bf0da776-5307-4747-8285-f358e92a90d0) by vendor "ADSK"

[ ] Do not show me this message again [Continue starting Revit anyway] [Cancel]

Message 12 of 17
grantdzaman
in reply to: lajansen

This only suppresses the message before Revit opens. Not the one that occurs when a project is opened(see attached error).

Message 13 of 17

Hello All,

I htink i have found the solution to prevent this error.

Run the seetup from the shortest path you can is you run is from \\domain.local\share\application\revit\... then the setup path wil be to deep becourse autodesk setup has amny folders and goos very deep.

The default windows path is still bound to 260 char.

Message 14 of 17

You can ignore my last post.

still having the errors on Windows 2008R8 when installing Revit.

Message 15 of 17

We had the same problem on Windows Server 2008 R2. We solved it by running Revit as administrator.

• RMB Properties
  • LMB Compatibility tab
  • check "Run this program as an Administrator"
  • OK

2014-07-03_13-13-19.png

Message 16 of 17
smbt009
in reply to: frank.pepping

For me..myself with this problem...

...Problem occurred when i created windows password

After i deleted windows password the problem also gone.

That is my resolve

Noi...

Message 17 of 17
calfaro_s
in reply to: smbt009

Need to do this to fix the problem:

Create or set a new registry DWORD value, named ProtectionPolicy, value 1, to enable local backup of the MasterKey instead of requiring a RWDC in the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\Protect\Providers\df9d8cd0-1501-11d1-8c7a-00c04fc297eb

1. Hit Windows + R

2. Type regedit and hit enter

3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\Protect\Providers\df9d8cd0-1501-11d1-8c7a-00c04fc297eb

4. In the folder, right click and hit New > DWORD (32 Bit) Value

5. Name it 'ProtectionPolicy'

6. Right click 'Protection Policy'

7. Hit Modify and change the value to 1 and select Base: Hexadecimal

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report