Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 wont open !!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
yabuwardeh
663 Views, 6 Replies

Revit 2013 wont open !!!

i just installed revit 2013, but everytime i try to open it, it just doesnt open. please i really need help

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
alison.gangler
in reply to: yabuwardeh

Hi,

Are you seeing any error messages or a triangle with an exclamation point?

Try using the Repair option from the Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Also, if you're on Win7, when launching, use the right click > Run as Administrator.

Feel free to send more details so we can see what is happening.
Thanks.

Cheers,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7

The Run as Admin worked for me too! I've been trying to find a solution for a while, and you nailed it. How do I make it so that I don't always have to tell it to do that?

Message 4 of 7

Hi,

You can easily set the shortcut for Revit to launch always as Run as Administrator. Select the shortcut from the desktop or Start Menu > All Programs. Then right click on the shortcut, select Properties.

Then in the shortcut properties, select the Compatability tab. At the bottom of this tab, you will see the option to Run the program as an Administrator under the Privilege Level section. I'm attaching a screen shot for you.

RunAsAdmin

Cheers,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7

You're great Allison! Thx. I wonder why I have never had to deal with this in the past.

Message 6 of 7
yabuwardeh

Hey 

No my problem is that everytime i click on revit, only the small running page appeared, and i also tried to uninstall it, it didnt work either  :(, do you know what can i do to solve it.

Thank you

Message 7 of 7
tramonto_29

Hi Alison

I have the same problem with Revit. Have Uninstalled and Installed again twice and always when I open it closes suddenly without any warn. Have followed the steps informed before and it didn´t work.

I have installed 3Dmax 2013 and Autocad 2013 too, and the process to install is the same and both are working

What more do I have to do?

Thanks for your attention

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report