Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 Update 2 will not install

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
freelancette
2451 Views, 8 Replies

Revit 2013 Update 2 will not install

I have Building Design Suite Premium (on subscription) & Windows 7--64 bit. 

In Revit 2013 I already installed Update 1 a while ago with no problem.  I wanted to install the latest Hotfix, but it said to do the Update 2 first.  I checked the build to make sure it was correct and downloaded Update 2 x64.  The first time it just stopped installing.  I deleted it and downloaded again.  This time I got the attached message.

Whether or not this is pertinent, I don't know, but yesterday I experienced the problem others have had with the Windows Update causing my Revit 2012 to change colors.  (Red appears blue and blue appears red.)  Updating the NVIDIA driver did not work.  This is not affecting Revit 2013, however 2013 is not installing updates and 2012 is not displaying correctly, so I am having fairly major problems.

Have had no other major problems in the last couple of years.

Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
emily.xu
in reply to: freelancette

Did you try to repair your Revit, then reinstall the update?

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 9
karnekull
in reply to: freelancette

Hi,

I also have exactly the same problem with the Revit 2013 release 2 update.

It will not install, and i get the same error message "... because the expected autodesk product could not be located on your computer."

I have Revit 2013 (x64) installed, build 20120221_2030.

I need to update Revit on order to apply this hotfix:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21147820&linkID=9273944

Did you find a solution installing the update?

KInd regards,

Petter Kärnekull

Message 4 of 9
freelancette
in reply to: karnekull

Hello Petter,

I did not do the repair that was recommended above because I was very busy and had spent a lot of time doing research on how to fix not only this issue, but also the other one with my 2012 version (where red and blue got reversed.)  I just got discouraged with all the time this was all taking, so decided to go directly to 2014.  (And am merely tolerating the red/blue confusion in 2012 still.)  I have been using 2012 all year on a project that I didn't want to migrate into 2013 anyway, so am essentially skipping 2013 (having used it primarily for a competition last year.)  Sorry that I don't have more information for you.

I hope someone else will have some good advice for you ... good luck!

Message 5 of 9

The error you are seeing indicates that you are trying to install an update for a product that is not installed on this system.  The easiest way to identify which update is required is to access the About Autodesk Revit dialog and make note of the official product name (Autodesk Revit, Autodesk Revit Architecture, Autodesk Revit MEP or Autodesk Revit Structure).  Also in the About Autodesk Revit dialog is the build number, which will include (x64) at the end of it if this is a 64-bit installation.

Once you have these two pieces of information, you should be able to identify which version of Update Release 2 is required for your installation.  As an example, if you have the 64-bit version of Autodesk Revit 2013, then you would need the following version of Update Release 2:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL20679039

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 6 of 9

Ok! thanks for rapid answers!

And thanks for the link, I have Revit 2013 (x64), not Revit Architecture ...

So the Install is on it's way!

Regards,

Petter

Message 7 of 9

Tony,

Thank you so much!  Your link solved the problem.

Do you think there might come a day when Autodesk would email an announcement with all the links to its clients/subscribers when an update gets released?  (We know you have our emails.)

This is not the first time I have come across the problem of trying to find the right link on Autodesk's voluminous website.  It is definitely not as easy to navigate as you would think. 

And we have to do a lot of reading to figure out when there is a release/hotfix/etc.  This is really not the way this should work.  I subscribe to Autodesk's YouTube Channel ... perhaps announcements (with links) could be added to that?

But thank you again!

Message 8 of 9

I have had similiar problems to others not being able to edit the profiles of walls and floors in Revit 2013. Found the right Update 2 Service pack but I have Windows 8 and as far as I could see Windows 8 was not listed as a compatable OS. I am using the student version but haven't seen any mention that this impacts the Updating situation. Can anyone offer suggestions or solutions? I'd like to edit my walls and floors 😛

Cheers!

Genevieve

Message 9 of 9

Autodesk Revit 2013 was released well before the release of Windows 8, therefore this combination was never tested and this is why Windows 8 is not listed as a supported operating system for Autodesk Revit 2013.  However, from my experience as well as others on the newsgroup, Autodesk Revit 2013 installs and functions on Windows 8.  As long as you download the correct update release, http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL20679039, you should be able to install it without a problem.

As far as the difficulty locating the correct update release version for each flavor of Revit, we have received this feedback before and are looking at ways to simplify this process.  Once suggestion would be to use Communication Center within Revit to access update release because it will automatically identify the correct update release for the version of Revit you have installed.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report