Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 Student Installation Problems

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
mjelias07
5226 Views, 16 Replies

Revit 2013 Student Installation Problems

Currently I am a student attempting to install a student version of Revit 2013 on my PC. I have a product key and serial number administered by Autodesk. In this past I have successfully installed AutoCAD 2012 for use in a certificate program without the current set of problems I am experiencing.

A detailed description of the problem I am having goes like this.

Upon running the Setup.exe file a communication failure window appears specifying that download and installation has been interrupted by a lost connection to the Autodesk website and this PC. This is strange b/c I am currently logged in to the education community and responding to emails. The window offers three possible solutions

1)The installation package was moved from the install location, which is not supported

2)The Autodesk website was closed or manually refreshed before the installer launched

3)A firewall has blocked the network ports

Any feedback as to the possible resolution of my problem would be greatly appreciated.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
philip.s
in reply to: mjelias07

Hello Mark and welcome to the community!

Were you using the Install Now method from the Education Community? If so can you please use one of the other alternative options, being either Browser Download or Download Now?

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with additional specifics if the problem persists.

Message 3 of 17
b.purvis

I was having the same trouble and was finally able to start the installation process after restarting my computer.  However, it got hung up with 5 more items left to download using the "install now" option.  I had to cancel the installation after 20 minutes of no change on the installation process.  I can see much was downloaded, but I cannot seem to get it to install from my computer using the downloaded files in my program files.

I would prefer to use the "download now" option to avoid this problem, but when I choose that option, it continues to take me to a "page not found" page.

Message 4 of 17
camilo.lemos
in reply to: b.purvis

Hi b.purvis, 

We are currently experiencing an issue in the Education Community which is preventing students from downloading their products. Please, have a look at this link for more details and alternative download options.

Regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 17
cloughli

I also have run into numerous issues trying to insall Revit 2013 on my computer.  The other day I installed it and it completed installation but said the following failed to install correctly "Revit 2013 and Materials LIbrary". While trying to uninstall everything just downloaded Revit 2013 would not uninstall. After going to tech support we restored my system to prior Revit installation.

The Browser download was my next attempt to download, but it got hung up on processing revit content and it said that I should contact system support because a file was not downloaded and saved properly.

Any and all help is appreciated, need to use this program for a course I am taking! Below are the screenshots of errors I received. Thanks!!!

Message 6 of 17
smirza

Hi , I have a question regarding Revit. I have read that the new revit architecture 2013 is a combination of all the previous  programs in Revit , however when i scroll down i do not find that in the list , hence i downloaded Revit Extension s for Autodesk Revit 2013 . Is that the correct program or do i download revit architecture.

and on installation the license agreement pops up , i cannot come across if it is a student version or not, hence i am hesitant in accepting the agreement.

Message 7 of 17
philip.s
in reply to: smirza

Hello Sadia,

Revit 2013 provides tools that support architectural design, MEP engineering, structural engineering, and construction, and can be seen as a combination of Revit Architecture, Revit MEP and Revit Structure.

With that being said, Revit 2013 is the only current version Revit product available in the Education Community and looking at your profile it looks like that's what you downloaded.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Message 8 of 17
hoyle7

Aloha all : : I finally got thru the installation of the building suite ultimate only took me since last saturday! Wow i wonder if homeland security is involved! My question is : . . . being one of those odd mac fellows running parallels i had to reconfigure the virtual machine since i did not have enough disk space when installing the whole suite. So how do i reinstall from the building suite the missing applications? I got REViT installed (my primary purpose). I have tried quantity takeoff which appears rather problematic. NOW i would like to get 3DMax installed as well as ACAD ARCHitecture (even tho i really like AUTOCAD for MAC. How do i do this? 

Mahalo folks. . . So what i mean is after REViT is installed do i go to the elegant flashdrive and run the auto exe?

Message 9 of 17
hoyle7
in reply to: hoyle7

Woohooalohahaha . . . loading the missing modules  was quite straightforward! Install wizard now seems to like me and  showed me the components i had already downloaded. Well done AutoDesk!  I will add my voice to those who have had connection problems attempting to download versions of the student/educator software. So i went for the building design suite bundle and loading from the beautiful flashdrive in the elegant little box. . . after decades of doing formZ and Vectorworks i feel like i just sneaked into the big gym (altho there are aspects of each of those programs that i love i went back to formZ the other day and actually missed AutoCAD snaps! yikes what is happening to the universe? 

Mahalo from paradise

Message 10 of 17
smirza
in reply to: philip.s

Philips, Thank you for your help. I have 1 more question, i had received a serial number and a product key, i had started download and the program has been installed but at no point did they ask for a product ey or serial number , I am at the page where autodesk asks the user to review the privacy policy.

there is a message "Your company s license administrator may have configured this product to use a licensing model that requires occasional , automatic sending of user and system credentials as well as product usage metrics, in order to verify license permissions and assess to total company usage. please contact your administration with any questions."

My concern is that if i have not put in my educational serial number or product key then how did autodesk allow me to download the program. i have been loggen in while i downloaded it but im not sure if it is the educational version or not.

Message 11 of 17
camilo.lemos
in reply to: smirza

Hi smirza,

Any registered user can download software from the Education Community. In fact, the student versions are exactly the same thing as the free trial versions and only really "become" student versions once you enter your serial number and activate the product.

Right now what you have is a free trial, once you enter your serial number it will become a student version. 

Regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 12 of 17
kpittman4

I am having a serious issue downloading Revit 2013. I previously had it on my computer but had several errors occur therefore it was taken completely off my computer and I tried re-installing and re-downloading it again. It shows me that Revit 2013 and the materials library are "installed" with a tab on the side with vertical text saying "installed", however at the bottom of the screen I never have the "finish" tab I only have cancel or back. So, I have it installed on my computer and downloaded but it is no where to be found. I am a student and desperately need this asap. but after more than 12 hours and after trying multiple methods it is still nowhere to be found on my computer.

I have also recieved the same message with the 3 listings after:

installation package was moved...

autodesk website was closed...

firewall has blocked...

I have addressed the firewall issue and still nothing.

<script id="overlay_tmpl" type="text/html">// <div id="<%= overlayId %>" class="_mp3rocket_overlay_style" style="left: <%= overlayLeft %>; top: <%= overlayTop %>; width: <%= overlayWidth %>; height: <%= overlayHeight %>"></div> // </script>
Message 13 of 17
Mongolhuu

Thanks, your advice helped me as well.

Message 14 of 17
dicahez

i've been having a lot of trouble downloading revit 2013. My revit 2012 started failing (i can't see the drawing tools and styles and everytime i try to make a floor or any other component, it wont let me draw at all, the clicker goes white and i cant select anything)so i need a newer version.

I've tried to download the student version of revit 2014 and then 2013 and anyway its impossible!

Downloading the 2014 version, with the install now option, wasnt possible, after 3hours aproximatedly of waiting time, it said that the installation was complete but that there was a problem downloading both the program an the libraries!

Then for the 2013 version, i tried with the download now option and after waiting a lot, when i tried to run the Setup.exe file a communication failure window appears specifying that download and installation has been interrupted by a lost connection to the Autodesk website and this PC. But im logged in.

The window offers three possible solutions

1)The installation package was moved from the install location, which is not supported

2)The Autodesk website was closed or manually refreshed before the installer launched

3)A firewall has blocked the network ports". 

I need revit asap, for a project im working on for a course im taking! 

Message 15 of 17
philip.s
in reply to: dicahez

Hello @dicahez!

We're in the process of putting together a comprehensive solution that covers multiple causes of the Communication Failure error and the corresponding solutions.

For the mean time and as a workaround, have you tried utilizing a different download method, specifically Browser Download

Any better?

Message 16 of 17
ioikonomou
in reply to: philip.s

hello,

i experience the same problem like mjelias07 . i tried the download now and the browser download but the problem persists. I am pretty sure it is related to my antivirus protection having many restrictions. Could uyou advise please on what should I do?

Many thanks,

Ioanna

Message 17 of 17
philip.s
in reply to: ioikonomou

Hi @ioikonomou!

Specific errors should differ from Download Now and Browser Download. Can you please confirm exactly what happens when you use the Browser Download method? Have you tried temporarily disabling your antivirus software?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report