Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013, no Templates or Libraries installed

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
kheaver
41295 Views, 15 Replies

Revit 2013, no Templates or Libraries installed

I've installed Revit 2013 both from download and again today from thumb drive.

When starting Revit I get an error that the path for the default family templates is invalid.
Checking file locations it looking at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2013\Family Templates\Chinese.
I don't know why its looking for Chinese but anyway Family Templates is missing.

The folder \RVT 2013\ only has 2 folders in it, Recent & UserDataCache.

The corresponding folder in Revit 2012, has Family Templates, IES, Libraries & Templates, none of which are in my \RVT 2013\ folder.
I put in a support request to autodesk subscription last week but haven't had a reply.

Has anyone else seen this problem or know a solution.

Dell XPS17, Windows 7 64 bit.

Building Design Suite Premium 2013

Thanks
Kim

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
kheaver
in reply to: kheaver

Found the problem.

Needed to add *.autodesk.com to Internet Options/Security Tab/Trusted Sites

Kim

Message 3 of 16
enggqaise

I tried it but didn't work!!!!!!

Message 4 of 16
kheaver

It only worked for the US Metric content, I tried to load the Australian content but it failed every time so I just copied it from RAC2012.

Kim

Message 5 of 16
SKehg

Try this

1. Close all Autodesk software
2. Go to Control Panel > Programs and features
3. Select <Revit product and version> from the list and click Uninstall/Change
4. From the resulting screen the very left button on the bottom will be "Add or Remove Features" Click this
5. The resulting screen will list the content packs that can be installed, please make sure both Australia and US Metric are selected and click Next.
(It is worth noting at this point that during the install process, Revit default to US as the region when accepting the Licence Agreement and this in turn effects the default content that will be installed.)
6. Start up <Revit product and version> and you should now have the families and templates installed.

If this does not work repeat the above steps again twice, the first time, untick all content and the second time ticking all the desired content back on again.

Message 6 of 16
kheaver
in reply to: SKehg

I went through that process multiple times and eventually got the US metric files but couldn't get the Australian content, support had to set up an ftp site for me to download the files.
Message 7 of 16
SKehg

Sorry I should have added that this worked for me when installing from the Buildingt Design Suite Ultimate USB stick.  I agree that adding the *.autodesk.com to the safe sites list should help if installing from a download.

Message 8 of 16
CarlJ07

Thanks Skehg!! Solved My prob! 😉

Message 9 of 16
afifanuzhat91

i am also havin the same problem while installin revit 2013. the component library is not getting installed. i tried everything, it is just not workin. somebody please help...Cat Sad

Message 10 of 16
CarlJ07

Solving this problem is easy, just when installing Revit, in country choose United States, and not your country 😉 Then, all the templates and libraries will install! Good luck 😉

Message 11 of 16
don
Enthusiast

best advice, thank you, took 3 passes the rfa's appeared on pass #2, the rte's finally arrived on pass #3.  now the only problem is that I installed from a download to my download directory and it sits there.  so, is it safe to delete, did it install everything it needed to everywhere else, or is it a doppelganger for life, permanently resident in the downloads of life?

Message 12 of 16
fayoud

Hello,

you will find what you need in my blog and after all what you need to do is to extract the files in the correct paths

http://faycaloudjhih.blogspot.com/2012/08/revit-structure-templates-families.html

Good Luck

Oudjhih Fayçal
Tags (1)
Message 13 of 16
germanaoa

It woks Thank you

Message 14 of 16
deska_
in reply to: germanaoa

I do all the steps with add contents, but in the process i get this message "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable".. what to do please explain.. its urgent .. i lost two days in trying to get this library..

i also tried with putting old library from friend to c/program data/autodesk/rac213/family templates.. but its not working too..

Message 15 of 16
mukeshkheni
in reply to: SKehg

perfect solution

Try this

1. Close all Autodesk software
2. Go to Control Panel > Programs and features
3. Select <Revit product and version> from the list and click Uninstall/Change
4. From the resulting screen the very left button on the bottom will be "Add or Remove Features" Click this
5. The resulting screen will list the content packs that can be installed, please make sure both Australia and US Metric are selected and click Next.
(It is worth noting at this point that during the install process, Revit default to US as the region when accepting the Licence Agreement and this in turn effects the default content that will be installed.)
6. Start up <Revit product and version> and you should now have the families and templates installed.

If this does not work repeat the above steps again twice, the first time, untick all content and the second time ticking all the desired content back on again.

Tags (1)
Message 16 of 16

@mukeshkheni

Do you realize this posting is 5 years old?  For this forum, please do not response to posting that old.  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report