Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 installation error: "Preparing Revit Content"

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jheld
9608 Views, 6 Replies

Revit 2013 installation error: "Preparing Revit Content"

Hello all,

I am trying to install Revit Structure 2013 on one of our users' machines and am running into some problems:

When running the installation, it gets to ~80% complete when a small progress bar labeled “Preparing Revit Content” pops up.  This dialog hangs stays put for about 10 minutes until finally disappearing and the error “1: 5 2: adlmPITSetProductInformation failed. 3:2” appears.  After this the installation fails and the only option I have is to close the Revit installer.

All other users have been able to install this application with no problems at all and there are virtually no differences between their computers and the one having the problem.  Searching for the “Preparing Revit Content” message shows that autodesk.com needs to be added as a trusted site in Internet Explorer however all of the computers on which this was installed successfully did not have this site setup as trusted.

I have attached screenshots of the errors I am receiving for clarity.

Can you please help provide any suggestions for how I can correct this to ensure Revit 2013 is installer properly?

Thanks!

-Joe

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DannyHubbard
in reply to: jheld

Joe,

I would recommend starting with the following document. http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS13540825

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 7
jheld
in reply to: DannyHubbard

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.  I removed the ProductInformation.pit file as instructed.  Once this was done the installation completed successfully however when I try to run Revit 2013 it immediately crashes to the desktop and all other installed autodesk applications have errors that are unrecoverable when opened.

Restoring the .pit file fixed the rest of the autodesk applications however Revit 2013 still has the same problem when opened.

Anything else I can try?

This computer is in a remote office and I am doing everything through a RDP connection.  I have tried the installation as a deployment from their office's server as well as from the local machine with the same results.  Because they are remote and need 2013 for a project this week reimaging the machine is not an option.

Thanks!

-Joe

Message 4 of 7
DannyHubbard

Joe,

Any errors when Revit tries to start?

Any error in Event Viewer when trying to start Revit?

If a different user logs on does Revit still give the error?

Is a Journal file getting created when Revit starts, if so attach it there may be an error in the journal file.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 7
jheld
in reply to: DannyHubbard

Hello,

Unfortunately this computer's user is now working on another project so I cannot do anything further on his machine for a few hours.  For now, here are the answers to your questions that I was able to get before he had to get back on:

When starting Revit the only error is the generic Windows 7  "This program has stopped working" dialog.  Looking at the details of the error indicates an APPCRASH event however I do not remember the rest of the details.  I will post a screenshot once I am able to again access that system.

The same error occurs for all users regardless of who is signed into the computer.

Here is what is listed in event viewer when Revit crashes:

Faulting application name: Revit.exe, version: 2013.0.2012.221, time stamp: 0x4f445896
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
Faulting process id: 0x13a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd4332c56df0b0
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit Structure 2013\Program\Revit.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 06b95cd0-af26-11e1-8eb9-b8ac6f872b1c

I am attaching the journal file as requested.

Thanks again for the assistance!

Message 6 of 7
DannyHubbard

Joe,

Might just try doing a reinstall of Revit, from Control Panel, Uninstall a Program.

Only other thing I would think would be to Uninstall all the .Net Framework 4.0 components then reinstall it fresh from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 7
jamko28

i have the same problem... and i can't final my instal :S im trying to do wath you said.. here

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report