Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 Install Hangs

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
dannelson2000
5174 Views, 9 Replies

Revit 2013 Install Hangs

I am trying to install Revit 2013 on a windows 7 machine that meets all the requirements, I have updated everything, and stopped the antivirus, but the install still hangs.

I have attached the install log and would appreciate help with suggestions. Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: dannelson2000

Have you tried just waiting it out? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 10
dannelson2000
in reply to: TravisNave

I have let it run probablly about 3 hours. I would expect that it should install within that time.

Does what you see in the log file suggest that it is still going but is just slow?

Message 4 of 10
TravisNave

I've seen it go twice as long as that sometimes.  Try letting it run overnight just as a test.  If it isn't installed in the morning, you have issues.  😄

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 10
RBG-UK-CAD

Hi there,I've had this issue and this is what i did, First make sure you have internet access and that the Proxy is set correctly (If you use a proxy server try giving the machine full outbound) and try to run the install with an admin account.

Message 6 of 10
dannelson2000
in reply to: TravisNave

I ran it over night and it was installed by morning. Phew!

Thanks for your help!

Message 7 of 10
gpktm

So the solution is what? To wait for 8 hours to install a program?

Message 8 of 10
dannelson2000
in reply to: gpktm

In my case yes.

Message 9 of 10
TravisNave

Good answer.  Smiley Very Happy

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 10
towngirl

well,I also has the pronlem with revit 2013.

when I click " extrusion" and finish drawing a square, it doest show any hint in the tool bar as" MODE",which has the tick meaning OK.!!

Just hope someone can help me fix.....thx a lot

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report