Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Employee
tony.michniewicz
Message 11 of 16 (321 Views)

Re: Revit 2013 Educational Version does not initialize

03-26-2013 06:15 AM in reply to: Aus01

If your Windows region format is set to English (Australian), the Revit 2013 install should include the Australian content pack and this would also be your default content selection.  With this configuration, your default templates should be:

Construction Template - C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2013\Templates\Australia\Construction-DefaultAUSENU.rte

Architectural Template - C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2013\Templates\Australia\DefaultAUSENU.rte

Structural Template - C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2013\Templates\Australia\Structural Analysis-DefaultAUSENU.rte

Mechanical Template - C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2013\Templates\Australia\Mechanical-DefaultGBRENU.rte

Additionally, the default path for family template files should be:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2013\Family Templates\English

And here is the content that you should find in the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2013 folder:

Family Templates - This folder should contain one sub-folder, English, which should both contain a large number of RFT files as well as three sub-folders, Annotations, Conceptual Mass, and Titleblocks.

IES - This folder should contain a large number of IES files.

Libraries - This folder should contain one sub-folder, Australia, which should contain three sub-folders, Architecture, MEP and Structure, each of which should contain numerous sub-folders and RFA files.

Lookup Tables - This folder should contain two sub-folders, Conduit and Pipe, which should both contain a large number of CSV files.

Templates - This folder should contain one sub-folder, Australia, which should contain 8 RTE files.

Judging by your latest screen capture, it appears that your Revit content does not exist in the expected location.  This would occur if you change the content location during the Revit 2013 installation or if there was a problem during the download of Revit content.  If you didn't modify the content location during your installation, I would recommend the following steps:

1. Launch the Windows Control Panel.

2. Click the Uninstall a program link.

3. In the Programs and Features list, select Autodesk Revit 2013 and click Uninstall/Change.

4. On the Revit maintenance page, click Add or Remove Features.

5. On the Add or Remove content page, verify that the Australia content pack is enabled/checked and that the Default Content is set to English - Australia, then click Next.

This will launch the updating process and as long as you have an active Internet connection, the correct Revit content should be downloaded.  And remember that this process may take a while depending on your Internet connection speed.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Active Contributor
Aus01
Message 12 of 16 (285 Views)

04-19-2013 07:16 PM in reply to: tony.michniewicz

In my Language Bar there are two Australian and US, there is a tick in front of Australia, re attached file. All I did was to run *.exe as administrator in user Administrator, there was no further input from me, I was connected to Internet at the time, 4G but slow I think.

Adesk 1.jpg

Employee
tony.michniewicz
Message 13 of 16 (263 Views)

04-22-2013 06:29 AM in reply to: Aus01

The dialog you included in your last posting does not contain the setting that the Revit installer uses to identify the content to be installed.  The Region and Language dialog contains the setting that determines which content will be installed and this dialog can be accessed through the following steps:

1. Access the Windows Control Panel.
  2. Click the Clock, Language, and Region link.
  3. Click the Region and Language link.

RegionLanguage.png

It is the language/country listed in the Format drop-down list that drives the content in the Revit installation.  Independent of which content is supposed to be installed, it is clear that your installation does not contain content so we have to resolve this problem.  Once again, I would recommend using the Add or Remove Features option of Revit maintenance to correct this problem.  Please bear in mind that there is a lot of content that needs to be downloaded and many people end up letting this process run overnight.

Tony Michniewicz
Autodesk Revit QA

Active Contributor
Aus01
Message 14 of 16 (254 Views)

04-25-2013 05:33 PM in reply to: tony.michniewicz

I think it is already set to Australia, in adding content, How do I select Change instead of Uninstall, I am concerned I may Uninstall Revit 2013 completely and not be able to install correctly.Adesk 2.jpg  

Employee
tony.michniewicz
Message 15 of 16 (235 Views)

04-29-2013 06:58 AM in reply to: Aus01

You're correct, the Australian Revit content should be installed based on your region format setting.  I wouldn't worry about uninstalling Revit by mistake because you would have to click Uninstall twice in order for that to happen.  After you complete step 3 (In the Programs and Features list, select Autodesk Revit 2013 and click Uninstall/Change.), you should see a dialog with three main buttons (Add or Remove Features, Repair or Reinstall, and Uninstall).  In this case, you want to click the Add or Remove Features button and as long as you don't click the Uninstall button and then another uninstall button in the next dialog, your Revit installation will be safe.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Active Contributor
Aus01
Message 16 of 16 (222 Views)

05-01-2013 04:42 PM in reply to: tony.michniewicz

I finally plucked up the Courage to do it, Thanks Very Much !!!

Adesk 2.jpg

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!