Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 crashes at splash screen (Windows 8 HP G62 laptop)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
briana.paige
993 Views, 1 Reply

Revit 2013 crashes at splash screen (Windows 8 HP G62 laptop)

Hi,

I am running Windows 8 on an HP laptop, I installed the student version of Revit 2013 (which I have successfully installed and used on Windows 7 on the same laptop). When I open Revit, it goes to the splash screen, briefly shows the open file page, and then it crashes.

I tried installing Update 2 which Autodesk told me I should do. The link they sent me was dead so I downloaded the Revit Architecture 2013 UR2 (64-bit) (exe - 83079Kb) file from http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20679231&linkID=9273944. I get the following errors:

error.jpg

error2.jpg

I have tried deleting the license in the FLEXnet folder of C:\ProgramData so I could use the transfer license utility in case it was a license issue but I can't even get that to open. I've also repaired the installation of Revit to no avail.

I am running the same version of Revit 2013 on Windows 8 on a dual-booted Mac Mini and I was able to install update 2. So far it seems to be funcitoning normally that way.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: briana.paige

The program is not supported on Windows 8.  But what you can try is to make sure you have full access to the file and folder structure.  You should have full admin rights and disable UAC.  Run the software as administrator and in Windows 7 compatibility mode. 

If all else fails, start your search here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/u/gsearch/results?siteID=123112&catID=123155&id=2088334&qt=erro...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report