Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 Crashes at Splash Screen. Please Help!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
stevensm
1032 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2013 Crashes at Splash Screen. Please Help!!

I have done numerous clean uninstalls and reinstalled revit 2013 on windows seven numerous time over the oast couple of days. No matter what I've done I can only get to the point where the program downloads and installs and then crashes at the splash screen. I am using the student version as I am a student. I have attached the latest journal which isthe same as the previous ones. Please Help!! I have tried all kinds of things such as going into regedit and task manager.....

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
aaronhai
in reply to: stevensm
Message 3 of 3
TheSkala
in reply to: stevensm

Hello, I was having a similar problem than yours but any of the methods you could find in forums was helping. I downloaded Revit 2013 from Student Autodesk and Installed it directly from the web, also got the 2 Update packages, and was stil having the same problem. How did I solve it? Well, I am not sure if this can be applicable to everyone but I realized I never even finished the license process for Revit, when it began to fail initializing, so I had to check out the License Transfer Utility that is the one that takes the serial and the ID directly from the download link as far as I know. 

After following those steps, Revit began working normally. Hope it hepls you, and once again I am not sure if this is a generic problem or just was in my case. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18221949&linkID=9240617

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/02/the-license-transfer-utility-doesnt-start.html

Best Regards,

Nicolas Ortiz Lara.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report