Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 Communication Failure? Communication Faliure when executing?

39 REPLIES 39
SOLVED
Message 1 of 40
kronoskiros
13338 Views, 39 Replies

Revit 2013 Communication Failure? Communication Faliure when executing?

New Sager computer, Win 7 all updated, no virus software.   

Revit 2013 downloads to default folders, c: autodesk for setup and downloads folder for exe,  but get Communication Faliure error when I run the exe. 

Don't get what I'm doing wrong, not changing any folders, it should know how to install it self.  Yes, my interernet is on and working.  

I have tried freshly downloading 3 times.  over 3 days incase server was wonky.  No firewall on this side.  

Thank you, zowie

39 REPLIES 39
Message 21 of 40
krn.vinaykumar
in reply to: ala1987

Sir, I am downloading autodesk rivit 2013 , by instal now method i am tried almost 10 times with all three method, but now I alomost downloaded 2.4GB out of 2.77 GB and now its showing 33366 days remaining to download , what to do? I have better internet connections ,

-Vinayak kumar

Message 22 of 40
philip.s
in reply to: krn.vinaykumar

Hello Vinayak!

In this case the easiest workaround would be to utilize a different delivery method, specifically browser download. 

You can access most current + previous supported version Browser Download links through Matt, our Virtual Assistant.

From Matt: Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product

Message 23 of 40

It is now August 2013. I am having this same issue installing Maya. It says there is a communication error. I tried to ask technical support and autodesk customer service but they are not responding, which is why I am here. I have rarely seen software with bugs of this severity languishing for this amount of time.

I find autodesk to lack real solutions and offer a lot of childish recommendations that are not fixing the problem for anyone. I was saving up to buy Maya after my student license, but this software is pushing me towards becoming a nonautodesk user. This is very depressing considering I need to use standard software for my education, and I need it to work properly.,

I am just here like a sitting duck because Autddesk is just leaving me here out in the open, with no support, and faulty software. Wish unitversities would snap out of using autodesk and consider other more reliable programs.

WHAT DO I DO NOW, this experience is lasting days and it is hell.

Tags (1)
Message 24 of 40
philip.s
in reply to: holwerda.inc

Apologies for the inconvenience Orlando.

As mentioned in previous posts, the communication failure errors are very tough to troubleshoot as they typically are related to machine specific settings / configurations.

With that being said, we typically advise simply using a different download method. Are you able to do so / have you already tried?

From Matt: Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product

Please let me know how this works out!

Message 25 of 40
holwerda.inc
in reply to: philip.s

I believe that this is not a hardware issue, but a software reinstallation weakness originating from Autodesk.

I do not see how I can have hardware issues at the convenience of justifying a serious software reinstallation problem.

After restoring windows Maya, still failed to reinstall. Although it fails to reinstall, it still leaves large autodesk files laying around in various places. This is purely from careless development planning practices.

The issue is only disappointing, but the fact that there is no working solution to the problem from Autodesk is a problem.

I was so excited to persue classes in Maya at Santa Monica College, but now I am sad and confused about how to deal with the crippled Maya.

Im afraid to switch to 3ds of fear that it has the same bugs as Maya. Ugh. And the teacher wants us to use Maya.

Ill just install 3Ds, and when class starts Ill see if they have one on their computers, there goes my head start and having Maya at all on my computer then huh, fabulous.

Sent from my iPhone
Message 26 of 40

Communication Failure Issue Solved - Windows 8

back up windows files

restore windows 8 at restore point

uninstall restored maya from control panel

reinstall maya using download now

note:

downlowd now did not work prior to windws restore

So happy to have my Maya baby back, I felt like I was going to crash and burn without it !!!!!

Message 27 of 40
pszilard
in reply to: holwerda.inc

This is my 1st post here, and I only joined because I had the same installation problem. I am an IT consultant and wanted to install Revit on a MacBook Pro under Parallels in a Win 7 environment for a client. I ran into the same problems as described in this thread.

What I then tried is to use IE 8, (later should be fine too) on Windows 7. I selected RUN instead of SAVE from the Autodesk download page and left IE open. It started the install, then Windows popped up a page asking for my permission to allow Akami through the firewall, to which I said yes.

This then progressed without the pesky error. I cancelled the final step when it said it needed over 8GB of space, and I am on an SSD with limited space. However it looked like it would have worked.

Hope this helps someone.

Paul

Message 28 of 40
philip.s
in reply to: pszilard

Welcome to the community Paul and thanks for sharing!

Message 29 of 40
bmarkkanen

IE seemed to solve issues I was having.  For whatever reason, I was getting communication errors with Firefox, wasting all sorts of time.  Using Explorer, things ramped right up.

Message 30 of 40
philip.s
in reply to: bmarkkanen

Maybe a possibility that the internet settings varied from browser to browser? Regardless, thanks for passing that along to the community Bryan!

Message 31 of 40
tadej.petric1

I tried downloading 3DS max (all versions many times 😞 ) and none of them works.

Trying again this time with IE and not chrome.

I also am wondering if it will work on Win 7 64bit Home premium. not looking for extra complicated stuff, just basics (for now). I hve got i5 ivy bridge CPU, 8 GB ram and gtx 660.

Now I deleted everything related to autodesk and will try again. Will let you know how it works out.

Message 32 of 40

not working 😞

it went to about 740MB and than it said its loading at 1 b/s and that it needs 30000 (about) days to complete... 

I had download page open and havent clicked anything on it after download started. However Im pretty sure my internet was fine.

will try browser download now (2nd or 3rd time)

Message 33 of 40
philip.s
in reply to: tadej.petric1

Please let us know how it goes! Another thing to keep in mind is that antivirus software and firewalls can have a negative impact during the download and are typically recommended to temporarily be disabled if experiencing issues.

Message 34 of 40
tadej.petric1

Browser downloaded it and it worked!

Everything Ive tried so far in 3ds max 2014 is working. Great piece of software 🙂

Message 35 of 40
philip.s
in reply to: tadej.petric1

Yay! Glad to hear you're up and running and enjoying the software!

Message 36 of 40

I am having the same issue with Maya 2014, Vasari, and Autocad 2014. It is frustrating as homework deadlines are coming up.
Message 37 of 40
pedrocalixto949

I am having the same issue when reinstalling Maya 2014 and Autocad 2014. It is frustrating. Are purchased products having the same issues? I did installed sucessfully for the first time but the programs stopped working. Help please!

Message 38 of 40
saikishore209

Capture.PNG

Message 39 of 40
vivanco_grett
in reply to: kronoskiros

hi! i have problem in 3d max 2015 say what community failure and i dont download in my PC i try 20 download and all say community failure i dont know please help me with my problem :´( pleeaaase!!! 

Message 40 of 40

Download browser version and you will be done....

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S®4, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report