Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 Communication Failure? Communication Faliure when executing?

39 REPLIES 39
SOLVED
Message 1 of 40
kronoskiros
13333 Views, 39 Replies

Revit 2013 Communication Failure? Communication Faliure when executing?

New Sager computer, Win 7 all updated, no virus software.   

Revit 2013 downloads to default folders, c: autodesk for setup and downloads folder for exe,  but get Communication Faliure error when I run the exe. 

Don't get what I'm doing wrong, not changing any folders, it should know how to install it self.  Yes, my interernet is on and working.  

I have tried freshly downloading 3 times.  over 3 days incase server was wonky.  No firewall on this side.  

Thank you, zowie

39 REPLIES 39
Message 2 of 40
ahav
in reply to: kronoskiros

I'm having the exact same issue when trying to install 3ds Max Design 2013 or Autocad 2013.  I have a Sager 9280 laptop w/ clean install of Windows 7 Pro 64.

Message 3 of 40
kronoskiros

Does anyone associated with autodesk look at this group?  Is there a better place to post a question?

Message 4 of 40
philip.s

Hi ahav and kronoskiros - We do indeed have a number of employees with varying backgrounds patrolling the Discussion Forums.

The last cause listed on your attached image suggests that a firewall could be blocking the necessary ports. Have you tried temporarily disabling your firewall or opening up ports 80 and 443?

Message 5 of 40
kronoskiros

It seems to have resolved when I added a mail client.  It seems it needed a default mail client so it could communicate.   

Perhaps this is why it didn't work on two new comptuers.  

Message 6 of 40
philip.s

Thanks for following up and closing the loop kronoskiros!

Message 7 of 40
danl337
in reply to: philip.s

I am getting this same pop up. I am using windows xp and have disabled firewall. How can I resolve this problem?

Message 8 of 40
kevin.lampson

Whats a mail client? As in.. outlook? Do i have to install that to get this installed? Im getting the communication error...

Message 9 of 40
namo_rakliang

i have open port 80 and 433 and also disable firewall but still doesnt work....How can i resolve it? can you fully amswer in a simple step structure please thanks Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 40
garryonapc

How is installing a mail client a solution to this problem???

I have been trying over 5 days to install, I have disabled my antivirus and firewall. I have also tried the "browser download" and got a crappy lmza2 file. This problem is not exclusive to Revit either - i am having exactly the same issue with autocad 2013.

This is not good enough autodesk, Im going to try and find a torrent.

Message 11 of 40
ala1987

This problem is not solved, install a mail client? thats is a usesless and out of context bit of info that has no obvious method of approach to a non techy. I havent a clue what that means in terms of real steps. I'm getting the communication failure message. I have disabled my firewall with no joy. Who ever marked this problem as solved is causing a huge amount of irritation to me and other users.... One comment below intimates its easyer to download the torrent version which is absurd if that is the case. I feel highly annoyed by this issue.

I am running windows 8 and everything else runs great. In windows 8 there is a built in app to connect your emails to the start page. Now if thats not a mail client what is? So I have a mail client that is permantly connected.(at least from a non techy point of view).

I have tried downloading the "download" manger and the "Install" option. The download manger downloads and installs and proceeds to ask me for a program, so I add the Autodesk_Revit_2013_English_Win_32_64bit_wi_en-US_Setup.exe at which point it produces the same error connection faliure message. So I have turned the firewall off and it doesnt work(connection faliure message)? I don't think it is the firewall since it normally asks if i want to block or not block a program. When I downloaded the download manger it asked me if I want to allow somthing which I definatly clicked allow. I have not tried the port 80 & 443 opening (I have no I dea how to do that?) as I have turned the firewall on & off(off while trying the download manager and the direct install). For the years I have been a student the autodesk forums have been full of incohernt and overly specific information without a context to apply it. Normally very simple questions are answered in a inappropriate fashion where the technical knowlege of the user is inadiquate to comprehend your solution. Is that beacuse the autodesk staff think we are wasting there time with insufficent information and incoherent questions that don't operate in the realm of your superior knowlege? I certainly feel that way. Are you there to help or just process?

Message 12 of 40
philip.s
in reply to: ala1987

Our apologies for the inconvenience and I can assure you that we definitely don't think you're wasting our time.

garryonapc, confirming that there must have been a system glitch which was the causing the .lzam2 files (utilized for Install Now / Download Now on the backend) to download instead of the standard .exe's. I've tested a few accounts to make sure it's functioning properly and would appreciate it if you could verify on your end as well.

ala1987, with that being said, I also wanted to recommend that you try utilizing the Browser Download option, as it’s typically an easier workaround than troubleshooting issues with the other download alternatives.

How to opening firewall ports in Windows 8

Windows 8 support for Autodesk products

Please let us know if you have any additional questions, concerns or issues!

Message 13 of 40
paulxender

derrrrr
Message 14 of 40
j.xu12
in reply to: ahav

I tried even more than 10 times at least, same issue

Message 15 of 40
la112015

same issue here with Autodesk Inventor 2013, Autodesk Autocad 2013.

Message 16 of 40
JohnnySasaki20

You guys sure do know how to type up a bunch of words and have the end result end up with very little substance. Half way down the second page and still you guys have absolutely no clue as to why your program isn't installing correctly on so many people's machines. 

I also have tried everything here about 15 times as well, and even got literally every single other program installed from the design suite by manually downloading them and installing them that way. However, for whatever reason, not only do you not allow us to download the entire design suite that way (only the install option is available), which would have saved me a **** load of time and effort over the last 3 days btw,....but you also don't allow us to download Revit and Inventor that way either.

So now I'm once again stuck. Ironically, Revit is the one I currently need the most. 

I could write that in binary if you don't understand human talk. 

Message 17 of 40

Sorry, I have a very low frustration threshold for when things don't go the way they logically should. 

Message 18 of 40
AnkushVed
in reply to: JohnnySasaki20

Hi JohnnySasaki20,
Can you please walk down the exact steps which you are following?
1. Go to your browser download location and delete the old <...>_Setup.exe files for Design Suite.
2. Go to the portal page and click on Install Now button.
3. DO NOT close or refresh the portal page.
4. Let the new <...>_Setup.exe file get downloaded for the Suite. (It will probably take about 5 mins because of the big size of the suite; for the individual products like Revit, it should be less than a min depending on internet speed.)
5. Once completely download, click on the <...>_Setup.exe to launch the installer.
6. Wait for the installer main screen to come up. (Make sure that till this point, you have not refreshed or closed or clicked anywhere else on the web page) Installer needs to get some values from the web page and once it gets them, then it will launch fine.

Hopefully, this will work without fiddling into firewall settings. If it doesnt, then please send me a private message so that we can work together to see whats going wrong.
Thanks for your patience and sorry for the troubles in getting the installer up and running.

Ankush Ved
Product Manager, Autodesk Licensing
Message 19 of 40
andreicibotaru
in reply to: ala1987

If you use Firefox with Noscript remember to disable it for the install page. I don't understand why the web page is so essential to the install process.

Have fun!

Message 20 of 40
31RHCP

Does someone have a solution to this? I am getting the same issue with AutoCAD 2014 and Revit 2013 running WIndows XP SP3.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report