Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 BDSP Install time - extrmely slow

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
diarmuid
1389 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2013 BDSP Install time - extrmely slow

When installing Revit 2013 BDSP it take hours to install.  sometimes we must allow the install to run over night.  We are using Windows 7 64bit.

We created a number of deployments (with only UK libraries ticked to be incldued in teh deplyment creation)

We have also installed a direct install from the memeory stick.

On all occasions the install time has been rediculousy slow.

We have tried the following...

Turn off UAC

Run as admin

Is there some other tasks we should be performing prior to install?  Or can you offer any possible suggestions - Work arounds.  Any suggestions or comments etc., would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Diarmuid

CAD Manager

PM Group

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: diarmuid

Your experience is not uncommon for Revit, specicially because of additional download content that happens during install.  An 8 hour install is a frequent reality.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
DannyHubbard
in reply to: diarmuid

Diarmuid,

In your deployments edit the master xml files at \\<server>\<sharename>\<deployment>\AdminImage\Content\Revit, about the fifth line will be something like <URL>http://revit.downloads....</URL>, delete this entire line then resave the XML.

Now try installing from the deployment again, should speed up the install. Even though you already specified your content in the deployment the install still liked to check the external servers for contnet which can slow things down, this will prevent that from happening.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: DannyHubbard

Brilliant.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
diarmuid
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Guy's

Thanks for the prompt replies, i will test this over the next day or so during an install and will post feedback etc.

Regards

Diarmuid

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report