Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012 Standalone License is Unavailable After PC Crash

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
WSV_Arch
1220 Views, 5 Replies

Revit 2012 Standalone License is Unavailable After PC Crash

Hello All,

I have one PC in the office that crashed while running Revit 2012. After rebooting the machine and restarting Revit, we get a message saying that the license is unavailable.

I have read about deleting or renaming the CascadeInfo.cas file, but this PC does not have this file, yet all other PC's running Revit do. I'm not sure if the CascadeInfo.cas fix was just for network licenses or not, but it seems odd that this one PC does not have the file.

The PC is running Windows 7 x64 SP1 and Revit was part of the Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium 2012 Package (Currently only using Revit from this suite).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: WSV_Arch

Hi WSV_Arch:

You can try uninstall re-install of your software. You can send us your serial number and request code through private message (envelope next to your account name at the top of this page) so we may activate it. Should you encounter any further installation issue, you can log a Technical Support request through your Subscription Center account.

Thank you!

Arlin Bibat
Message 3 of 6
WSV_Arch

After I posted this we realized we were also having trouble with AutoCAD Architecture 2011.  I ended up removing both products completely from the system and reinstalling both.  After that, they both reactivated and we're back in business.

Thanks so much for your help though.

Message 4 of 6
arlinpega.bibat

Hi WSV_Arch:

It's good to hear that your software are now up and running.  Please click on "Accept as Solution" if our suggestion helped you solve your request.

Thanks!

Arlin Bibat
Message 5 of 6
gwanner

I am having the same issue, except I installed the 2012 Revit for students at home and when I bring the file in at school it comes up with the error code - 20110916_2132 any idea how to fix this since I cant reinstall the Revit at school?

Message 6 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: gwanner

Hello Gennavieve and welcome to the community!

This could be caused by an issue with your registry / licensing files. Can you please try uninstalling the software, run Microsoft Fix-it, and then reinstall as a standalone to see if it resolves the problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report