Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT 2012 installation problem exceptional problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
calderon.destefano
2651 Views, 1 Reply

REVIT 2012 installation problem exceptional problem

Hi,

I have tried to install Revit 2012 5 times already in my computer, and I keep on having the same problem. I download the product, I click run. It runs. Then the Autodesk window appears. I click install. It goes through a thinking process and then it asks me to accept the terms and conditions. I accept. Then it asks for my serial number and product key. I write those numbers. I click next. And that window disappears and a new window stating a problem appears. I am attaching 2 images that shows the problem I faced. The problem window states:

Error signature:

- Application: Autodesk Installer

- Version: 5.0.78.0

- Error: Unhandled Exception

This error report includes the following:

- Operating System name and version

- Product name and version

- Graphics configuration driver name and version

- Applications that were loaded when the error ocurred.

- Active command when the error ocurred.

- Computer name (if enabled via the Deployment Wizard or the CAD Manager Control Utility)

The error report contains the following files:

- adsk_setup_minidump.dmp

- dmpuserinfo.xml

- dumpdata.zip

Please help me. I don't know what to try. I even brought my computer to a Office Depot to see whether it was a problem of my computer, and they looked at it and they said that my computer was fine. That the problem was with Autodesk... and I really don't know what else to do to get this program installed

Thanks!

Christelle

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Create a new user on that machine.  Give the user administrator rights.  Reboot and login as that user.  Run the installer making sure that UAC and anti-virus is disabled.  See if that works for you.

I doubt the problem is the Autodesk software as many more people would be experiencing this problem.  The high school kids at Office Depot, Geek Squad, etc. know nothing about how computers work.  That's why they work there instead of in the IT Departments of respectable companies. Smiley Very Happy

If you still have problems, consider posting the installation logs and dmp files from the crash. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report