Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012 installation freeze-mess

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
trombocyt
697 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2012 installation freeze-mess

Hi, I'm having a problem with installing revit 2012 (on Win7). The installation process froze on 3 out of 12 for several hours. Since there was no reaction to anything (cancelling, closing the window) i terminated the process. When I try to install it again, the wizard sees Revit as installed. And yes, the application is on the hdd, but simply doesnt work (freezes on splash). Neither does the uninstall option work.

How to get rid of the previous, not working application, and install Revit SUCCESSFULLY?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: trombocyt

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autdoesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Worst case, use the MSI Cleanup Utility at your own risk.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
trombocyt
in reply to: trombocyt

Ok, the MSI Cleanup helped to remove Revit, but still, I cannot install a new copy. I run the setup as administrator, the anti-virus is off, I've enabled .NET, only recomended step i couldnt follow was changing this AlwaysInstallElevated parameter, as i Cannot find the key paths in registry..? I simply do not see the folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer in regedit. Anyway, this is the message that appears during setup:

1.jpg

and after I click ok:

2.jpg

then, when i click ok the setup terminates and writes "couldnt install program". Any Idea what could help? I've tried re-downloading the setup, didn't help too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report