Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012 installation error message

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
clhunt11
736 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2012 installation error message

Already installed AutoCAD 2012, Inventor 2012, & AutoCAD Architecture 2012 successfully. I did try to upgrade AutoCAD 2012 w/ "autocadsp1" via AutoDesk website before installing Revit 2012. Now I'm 3/4 way through trying to install Revit 2012 and I receive the error message: 

"Revit file missing is: The copy functions cannot be used. Failed to copy the following files: D:\en-us (my CD location) to C:\Users\CHRISH-1\Appdata\local\Temp\_A158C6.tmp".

I'm running Windows 7. Looked for file _A158C6.tmp & couldn't find it. There's not even a "Appdata" file to go to.

Any suggestions, leads, or help? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hashim.mundol
in reply to: clhunt11

Appdata is usually hidden folder you will need to show the hidden folder to view in explorer.

but temp folder can be access directly using

(start->search->type %temp% ->Enter)

things to try

try to copy the DVD content to local disk and try the installation.

try to delete the content of the %temp% folder

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
chuckbrunick
in reply to: clhunt11

I've tried to down load the 2012 revit architecture and have recieved the installation error or crc failed

in content adsk materials\2012\ilb\autode 1.cab unexpected end of archive. Some installation files are corrupt

Please download a fresh copy and retry installation. I'm 3 weeks into college and can't get revit achitecture

course program installed on my computer. I paid for the class but can't do home work for class what's up?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report