Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012 Deployment- You must install the Rendering library to use featues

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
AutoNewb
2814 Views, 5 Replies

Revit 2012 Deployment- You must install the Rendering library to use featues

Hi,

We created a 64-bit deployment for Revit Structure 2012 which seems to install just fine on our 64-bit Windows 7 workstations. Problem is when launching Revit, it makes reference to the Rendering library not being installed. We had this same issue with Revit 2011 as well which was never resolved and i would really like to have a working deployment of this. The US Imperial and US Metric Content Packs are selected. Not sure if this is driven from these options or not. Has anyone had any success with this yet?

RevitLibrary.gif

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DannyHubbard
in reply to: AutoNewb

How are you installing from your deployments to the workstations?

typically the only way you would see this warning is if you when to Add/Remove Programs and uninstalled all the Autodesk Material options after you installed Revit.

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
DannyHubbard
in reply to: AutoNewb

After thinking about it for a minute you must have installed to the workstations using an MSI based push install like GPO, this would cause the Material Libraries not to get installed as they are installed by the setup.exe not the revit msi. You can create a new package or script to install the material libriaries.

They can be found in the deployment folder under ...AdminImage\Content\ADSKMaterials\2012

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 6
AutoNewb
in reply to: DannyHubbard

Hi Danny,

You are correct, we are deploying the msi via Group Policy.

Creating an additional deployment for the material library resolved this issue!

Thank you very much for your help!

Message 5 of 6

I f I did uninstall the materials libraries trying to trouble shoot a deployment  of revit 2013, how do I get them back?

Message 6 of 6

Are you trying to add the materials libraries back to just an individual machine? If so just run setup again and proceed to the final dialog, it will show Revit already installed but you can select the Materials Library.

Or are you trying to add them to a deployment you already created? Try modifying the deployment and proceed to the final dialog, you maybe albe to just reselect the Matrials Library.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report