Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012 architecture failed to install

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
707 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2012 architecture failed to install

I have attempted several times to install Revit architecture 2012 onto my computer. about half way through it says that one of the material librarys did not install properly(screen cap is attatched). The installation continues on as if normal but when i reach the end where you would normally click finish it tells me that some products failed to install and nothing ends up being installed. I used some other form of auto desk support through email and they told me to uninstall Microsoft visual C++ 2010 so i did, both the x64 and x86 version. This does not seem to have helped or changed the installation then. I have checked the installation log files but they make no sense to me. Maybe they will for some people here, I will also attach them. If anyone can help me, thank you very much ahead of time. Side note, i also have Revit architecture 2011 already installed, I dont know if this would interfere some way or not.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Try installing just Revit without the materials library first.  That will at least prevent the rollback.  Then added it after it is installed.  I have seen instances though (like in Inventor) when a previously installed materials library won't install because a previous one exists.  After the base product is installed, try manually running the installation .msi for the library afterwards.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

I have tried installing just Revit by itself several times before and the same problem persists. I ran the installation again so I could post the log file

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report