Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012 architecture failed to install

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
l.g.b.vanderwal
8891 Views, 7 Replies

Revit 2012 architecture failed to install

Hi!

I just downloaded and tried to install revit 2012 however i almost imeadiately get the message: Installation complete. Some products failed to install and so nothing is installed. Dont quite know what to do next! Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

Uninstall this product from your Control Panel > Programs and try to install your Autodesk product again.

ControlPanel.png

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
ALombar4
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you!!!  This was the issue I was dealing with.  Uninstalling it got Revit 2012 to install with no problems.

Message 4 of 8

Need to delete all microsoft visual C++ before re-install the revit architecture?

Message 5 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: velyn00pang

At least the offending versions, I would think.  You can always reinstall them after the fact.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 8

Do I uninstall EVERYTHING (with Microsoft Visual C++)?  If I do where can i reinstall everything i just uninstalled.

Message 7 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: alexl430034

You just need to uninstall the one that is failing.  The Autodesk installer will reinstall it for you or you can always get it from Microsoft or Windows Update after.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 8
birsurang
in reply to: TravisNave

thanks man..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report