Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2012/2013 SCCM 2012 SP1

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
supportLNS
774 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2012/2013 SCCM 2012 SP1

We have the following situation:

We deploy Revit 2012 & Revit 2013 through SCCM 2012 SP1. This goes well as the setup.exe starts with the correct .ini file and everything BUT it takes AGES to go through and install everything.

We have tried using Packages and using Applications, both work but go very slow. Is there someway to improve the speed of the installation?

Testing results:

1) Using the shortcut created by the deployment builder (manual installation): 1 hour and a half

2) Using sccm 2012 sp 1 with the following commands takes over 3 - 4 hours for just 1 thing to install:

• .\AdminImage\Setup.exe /W /q /I AdminImage\Autodesk_Revit_2012_SA.ini /language en-US
  • .\AdminImage\Setup.exe /W /q /I AdminImage\Autodesk_Revit_2013_SA.ini /language en-US
  • .\AdminImage\Setup.exe /W /q /I AdminImage\Autodesk_Revit_2012_NWL.ini /language en-US
  • .\AdminImage\Setup.exe /W /q /I AdminImage\Autodesk_Revit_2013_NWL.ini /language en-US

On the other hand we also deploy AutoCAD 2012/2013 with the same settings and same SCCM 2012 SP1 and this takes about half an hour to install which is fine.

Anyone having the same experience and/or some ideas with this?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: supportLNS

Message 3 of 4
supportLNS
in reply to: TravisNave

Unfortunatly not 🙂

The account has internet access.

Revit 2012 including AutoCAD 2012 took 8 hours to install last night.

Revit 2013 also went overboard and took over 2 hours to install.

We are launching it directly from the shared folder on the server. Would it be better to download it and say run locally? Will that make any difference in installing time?

Thanks for the quick response though

Message 4 of 4
supportLNS
in reply to: supportLNS

We are going to try now by disabling the checkbox Run Silent in the deployment builder to see if that works better or not.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report