Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
charlv
627 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2011 NLM Error

HI All,

Ive Installed a Revit Arch 2011 NLM onto 2 PC. One XP and one Win7. Ive generated a license file and installed LMTools 11.7 on another PC with Windows Server 2008 Std installed.

The License server is up and the XP machine works fine. However, the win7 machine do not see the server.

I've switch off all the firewalls. If checked the Licpath.lic file on the Win7 machine.Ive even upgraded LMTools to 11.9.

What else could it be?

Thanks

Charl.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: charlv

Disable IPv6 and set a HOSTS file entry so that the servername PING responds with the correct IPv4 address instead.  That's where your issue most likely exists. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
charlv

Thanks for the reply.

I actually read the posts and did uncheck the box to turn off IPv6 in the LAN properties. Is there another way to disable it?

Icw the Hosts file: Do I add the server ip or the client machine's ip?

Thanks

Charl

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

There are two ways to test this:

From the server, have the server PING itself.  If the response returns an IPv4 address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx then you are fine.  If it returns the IPv6 address or returns the IPv6 localhost address :1, then you need to modify the HOSTS file on the server.

From the client, PING the server and make sure you get the correct IPv4 address.  If you get no response, it is likely Firewall related or similar.  If you get the wrong IP addres, then it is DNS/WINS related.  Either way, this can also be corrected with a HOSTS file adjustment on the client too until the larger issue is resolved.  If you are still having issues on the client, you can make a couple of System Environment Variables that will force the Autodesk product to poll the correct server.  One is ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE with the value of @SERVERNAME and the other is FLEXLM_TIMEOUT with the value of 1000000. 

In either case, add the server IP to the HOSTS file and then verify with a PING test.  The server itself can be either the static IP or 127.0.0.1 as the localhost.  The client should point to the server's static IP. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report