Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2011 Architecture installation "Content Loader - Error"

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1576 Views, 7 Replies

Revit 2011 Architecture installation "Content Loader - Error"

I downloaded and installed Revit Architecture 2011, and while Installing components I got these 2 errors:

1. Content Loader – Error

Error: The data is invalid                                                                                                                                                        Choose to retry or to skip cabinet “C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\ENUHelp.cab”.

2. Content Loader – Error

Error: the data is invalid                                                                                                                                                   Choose to retry or to skip cabinet “C:\ Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\NAImperial.cab”.

When I retry it doesn't install, so I skipped them. After skipping it warned me:

Content Loader

Warning: 2 of the 6 content bundles could not be installed and were skipped

Autodesk Revit Architecture

Warning: some bundles were skipped during the installation. You will have an opportunity to install them when you run the installed program.

After running the installed program, it still does not install.

Is it something important to install or can Revit 2011 work fine without this?  If it is important what should I do to make it work.

My laptop is new , it is a samsung, intel core i5 processor, 4.00 BG memory, 64-bit operating system, windows 7.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Make sure you are installing as an administrator with UAC off.  You might also run the setup as Administrator to see if the problem is resolved. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

How should I set it up as administrator, and what is UAC? and is that safe to do.

Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

Right-click and run as Administrator.  Disable UAC.  It's the child lock for Windows.  User Access Control.  It needs to be off.  It's under Control Panel > Users.  You can type UAC in the search box at the top right if you can't find it.  Slide the bar all the way to the bottom then reboot.  Then run as Administrator.  Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

It did not work, this is what I did....I disabled UAC and rebooted my computer. Then I started Revit and is prompted to retry installing skipped bundles….I installed and it still didn't work.

But while installing, another window also pops up:

Feature support problem

Some features may not be fully supported by the video card and driver on this computer

Problem: unknown video card

Details: The installed video card driver has not been tested with Revit.

If you experience display performance or fidelity issues:

-   Upgrade your video card driver to a tested version; or

-   Deselect the Hardware Acceleration checkbox

(Application menu > options > graphics > Use hardware Acceleration (Direct 3D)

What does this mean?

But what I also need to know is if I can't get the content to install....does it matter? can revit work without this?

Message 6 of 8
TravisNave

It means that you need to be using a recommended video card with a WHQL certified driver.  What is your video card and current driver version now?

Having the correct video card is important and is a prerequisite for minimum system requirements. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I don't know the right info you would like to know but...my computer has NVIDIA Geforce 310M version 266.72.

Intel HD graphics core i5, driver version 8.15.10.2202

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

i am also having the problen while installing ENUHELP. please help me, what should i do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report