Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report.rl file not being created?

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
BrettCaldeira
3110 Views, 17 Replies

Report.rl file not being created?

Hi all,

I reconfigured my options file to look as below. The log file within LMTOOLS tells me that the timeouts are set, but has no mention of the report.rl file. Do I need to create my own reprot.rl file? If not does the report.rl file get created automatically, and how often, or when?

my adskflex.opt file is in the same locstion the license file is in.

REPORTLOG[+]"C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\report.rl"
TIMEOUT 70800VLTM_2010_0F 1800
TIMEOUT 67400NAVREV_F 1800
TIMEOUT 64900CIV3D_F 1800
TIMEOUT 65500ACAD_E_F 1800
TIMEOUT 67700PNID_F 1800
TIMEOUT 64800INVPRO_F 1800
TIMEOUT 67600NAVMAN_F 1800

Thanks

Brett
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
TravisNave
in reply to: BrettCaldeira

Brett,
Try changing the syntax to this:
REPORTLOG +"C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\report.rl"
This is from my adskflex.opt file and it works fine. Make sure you do a reread of your license file from LMTOOLS after making this change.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 18

Thanks Travis

Its producing the report.rl file now. Are you using SAM Report? Because now I have the report.rl files but SAM Report tells me it is unlicensed. Here is the report from SAM Report.

Warning: Unable to read report log C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\report.rl:No license found for ADSKFLEX/00155d001e06.
No such feature exists.
Feature: Common.FLEXnet.Report
License path: C:\Program Files\Macrovision\samreport\v3.6\machind\license -
\license.dat;START_LICENSE INCREMENT SAMreport_vendor gsi 3.0 permanent -
uncounted BB9F528109E4 VENDOR_STRING="VENDOR:gsi HOSTID:8093dede -
" HOSTID=ANY NOTICE="For use only with sample.rl"
FLEXnet Licensing error:-5,357
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing End User Guide,
available at "www.macrovision.com". Continuing...
Unable to generate report: Error: No report logs to process

Do you know anyway to relicense the software. I did get a license from globes.autodesk.com, and thought I had licensed SAM Report, but it says its unlicensed.

Regards
Message 4 of 18
TravisNave

Yeah, that's a common error. The licensing has always been somewhat problematic with this software. Take your license and rename it license.dat and place it in the following location:

C:\Program Files\Macrovision\samreport\v3.6\machind\license

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 18

Good Day Travis

Before we continue, just want to say thanks for your inputs, There is no doubt that you are a guru! I have read plenty of your posts.

I have renamed my license file to a license.dat file and placed it within the folder you suggested previously(There was a license.dat file there already which contained my license information, but I replaced it). Still no luck. I requested a new license, reinstalled SAM Report, was still unlicensed, then renamed the new license file to license.dat and replaced the license.dat file again. I still have an unlicensed SAMreport. Here is the license information for SAMreport and the license file.

Product Installation Information:

SAMreport v3.6[UNLICENSED]
Home: C:\Program Files\Macrovision\samreport\v3.6
Machine: Windows 2003 x86 5.2
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04
Java version: 1.4.2_04
Java vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.

License File Contains the following........:
INCREMENT SAMreport_lite gsi 3.0 1-jan-0 0 DD3BE35C8502CAD0C2B1 \
VENDOR_STRING="VENDOR:adskflex HOSTID:00155d001e06" HOSTID=ANY \
NOTICE="Issued by Acresso Software SN=W13691"
INCREMENT SAMreport_lite gsi 3.0 1-jan-0 0 4D8B239C5C04402F1121 \
VENDOR_STRING="VENDOR:sgiawd HOSTID:00155d001e06" HOSTID=ANY \
NOTICE="Issued by Acresso Software SN=W13691"

Do you know of anything else I could try? I was thinking of resarting the server, but that cant happen till saturday. Is there a service I can stop and restart to get SAMreport to wake up?

Another question I wanted to ask is, if I reread my license file, does the contents of the report.rl file get regenerated from scratch? I read somewhere that you have to include brackets around the + in the options file to append data eg [+]. If I do this though the report.rl file does not get created.

Thanks for your help thus far

Best Regards,
Brett
Message 6 of 18
TravisNave

Thank you for your kind words.
I can understand your frustration with SAM Report Lite. It is often difficult to work out the licensing issues for some strange reason. I have even experienced it myself. Often times, I even try to break my SAM Report to see if I can replicate the issues. I will play around with mine a bit to see if I can get it breaking.
You might try loading up your report.rl log and then go to Help > Show Licensing. It will give you a string with information that is needed for your license on that report. Verify that the HOSTID: listed as required by SAM Report matches that which is in your license. In your case, it should read, "HOSTID:00155d001e06" for your system. I also note that your license.dat contains the other vendor code as well for sgiawd. I have not tried this vendor with my SAM Report yet, so I don't know if it is causing any issue. I can't imagine that it is.
You shouldn't have to restart your server to get this to work.
As for creating your report.rl file, the adskflex.opt will create it automatically when the license is reread. The file does not already have to exist and the file will regularly be updated. I am not aware of the need for brackets although I have seen this come up recently. I will have to track down the reasoning for this... Seems like misinformation.
Let me know what you find on that Show Licensing option. We'll get you fixed up one way or another.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 18
TravisNave

After playing around with my SAM Report Lite licensing and trying to get it to break, I did find out that the program remembers the last 87 places that there were configured license files for it. Okay, that is an exaggeration... it only remembers 85. But still...
What you might try doing, once you have verified that your HOSTID: matches the license file and the system, is to actually remove the license.dat file from the C:\Program Files\Macrovision\samreport\v3.6\machind\license\ location (I just renamed mine .old) and also from any other locations it might live.
Then launch SAM Report Lite. When it cannot find the license anymore, it should ask you to specify the license file. At this point, you can point it to your license file. I keep a copy of mine in the \Autodesk Network License Manager\License folder with the rest of my Autodesk licenses. Once pointed to that file, it should recreate the license.dat in the Macrovision license folder and potentially let you run the licensed version. If it doesn't prompt you for a license, you have one hidden somewhere that it knows about.
Keep me posted on your developments.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 18

Good Day Travis

No Luck today, tried a range of things as discussed in you posts. I have loaded the report.rl file, and selected show licensing and get returned the information below.

License key with VENDOR_STRING="VENDOR:adskflex HOSTID:00155d001e06" is required for C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\report.rl

I ahev deleted the license file, and reinstated it with the same issue. Is there any where else I could get a license file from?

Best Regards
Message 9 of 18
TravisNave

Okay, delete your license.dat file from the Macrovision license folder. Download the attached license file and place it in the same location as your Autodesk NLM license. Launch SAM Report Lite. It should ask you for the license file. If it does not, you have one hiding somewhere else. If it does, point it to the attached license in your NLM folder. This should create the same license.dat file in the Macrovision license folder. Load your report.rl and see if it works.
Don't ya love it?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 18

Hi There Travis

I must be missing something, Doesnt matter what I do with the license file, it comes up with the same problem. When using SAM Report I specify a license file, can I not create another service in LMTOOLS somehow and get the license to run from there? I have had problems trying to run multiple license services on 1 server before, so havent tried again. Will SAM report be able to work LMTOOLS?

Do you know of a log file somewhere which gives any more reason to it being unlicensed?
Message 11 of 18
TravisNave

Hmmm, so not even my attached license worked when you pointed to it?
I have never been able to successfully run the license as a service in LMTOOLS. So that route is no good. As for a log file, I am not aware of one. Some piece of the puzzle is definitely missing here...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 18
fidmanco

Hi trevis.
I had same problem with my Samreport.
I wasn't able to License it.
I solved, the license issue, using the license file you posted here.
But when i try to get a report i have this message in "Status History" :

Report Log C:\Program Files\AutodeskReportLog\report.rl (0,08 Mb)
Warning: Unable to read report log C:\Program Files\AutodeskReportLog\report.rl:No license found for ADSKFLEX/005056b528d6.
The desired vendor daemon is down.
Check the lmgrd log file, or try lmreread.
Feature: Common.FLEXnet.Report
Vendor:Host: WHEURMTJA01.mydomain
License path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk License\AUTODESKLIC.lic;C: -
\Program Files\Autodesk License\Copy of AUTODESKLIC.lic;C:\Program -
Files\Autodesk License\SAMreport_License.lic;C:\Program Files\Macrovision -
\samreport\v3.6\machind\license\license.dat;START_LICENSE INCREMENT -
SAMreport_vendor gsi 3.0 permanent uncounted BB9F528109E4 VENDOR_STRING -
="VENDOR:gsi HOSTID:8093dede" HOSTID=ANY NOTICE="For use only with -
sample.rl"
FLEXnet Licensing error:-97,121
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing End User Guide,
available at "www.macrovision.com". Continuing...
Unable to generate report: Error: No report logs to process

N.B in C:\Program Files\Macrovision\samreport\v3.6\machind\license\ there's not any license.dat; (i checked the hidden file too) there's only your SAMreport_License.lic

Could you help me find a solution for this??

Thanks in advance for the help you already gave us Edited by: fidmanco on Mar 17, 2010 11:01 AM
Message 13 of 18
TravisNave

That license file was specific to that other user and will not work for reading your .rl files. You will need to use a license file created appropriately to your hardware address.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 14 of 18
fidmanco

Hi Travis.
Off course your right.
I was just going to edit my post and i saw your reply.
I solved doing a total uninstall of samreport, a deep clean of the registry and i installed it again.
I pointed to the license.dat file during setup (first time I had the license file after the setup was already complete, so I added the .lic file at the first samreport startup).

Now all is working, but i can use only the "Usage Summary" Report Type, all the other kind of report are locked.
Is there a way to solve this??

Anyway, thank you very much for your helpfulness.
Message 15 of 18
TravisNave

Nope! That's why it is the SamReport *Lite* version. You would have needed to purchase the full version to do any of those other features.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 16 of 18
fidmanco

Morning Travis.
Thanks for the reply.
Ohh that's why. Ok. I'll report on this to my boss.
Once more... thank you very much.
My best regards.
Daniel
Message 17 of 18

I can not get the sam to run it gives me an error message that the java was install wrong reinstall it. but that doesnt fix it.

Message 18 of 18

You will need to install it from command prompt and point it to the correct version of Java on your system. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report