Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated request for serial number and product key in Ecotect

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sean.m.hayes
3949 Views, 5 Replies

Repeated request for serial number and product key in Ecotect

Hi There,

I'm using Ecotect 2011, and have an active student license. Whenever I open Ecotect, I'm asked to provide my serial number and product key. Once I've done this, Ecotect runs as normal, with a message that "A previously registered and activated license for your product was found on this computer and is now in use. A copy of your activation information has been saved to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Ecotect Analysis 2011\ECOA2011en_USRegInfo.html ".

A file is saved at this location, but I still have to provide this info every time I start up Ecotect. I've tried a complete uninstall, and then a clean install, always running as administrator. Is this normal to have to provide this info every time or is there a workaround please?

Thanks in advance,

Sean

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @sean.m.hayes, 

For this error, follow the steps from this link on complete removal of Autodesk Products from a Windows System.

After which, you can then activate online.

If you still encounter issues, please contact the Activation and Registration team directly:

1.            Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus

2.            Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”

3.            Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus

4.            Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Joane,

I had previously tried the steps at that link to remove Autodesk and reinstalled with no success. I will contact Autodesk as advsed.

Thanks again,

Sean

Message 4 of 6
sean.m.hayes
in reply to: sean.m.hayes

Hi All,

Autodesk have advised me to return my question to these forums, I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help!

For some further info, my software is activated, as per the screenshots and information file attached.

My issue is that each time I open Ecotect, I have to re-enter the serial number and product key, as per the screenshots attached.

I don’t need to activate Ecotect, I’d just like to be able to fix Ecotect so that I don’t have to re-enter this information each time. Can anyone advise how I can do this please?

Message 5 of 6
sean.m.hayes

Further attachments.

Message 6 of 6
sean.m.hayes

Following the uninstall instructions as located at:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-perform-a-clean-un...

and setting Ecotect to run as administrator every time seems to have fixed this.

Thanks to Mike in support for his help with this!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report