Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated activation code requests

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ruel
430 Views, 3 Replies

Repeated activation code requests

I purchased a copy of AutoCAD 2009 years ago and it worked fine until I changed computers last year.  Now it lets me run the program for a week or two and then says I need to activate the program again.  I have done this and reactivated the program at least 6 times now.  I paid for working software and I would like it to work as such.

I purchased it under a subscription but I have let that lapse due to the recession.  I only use the software occasionally but I do want to use what I paid for.

Please help,

R. Czach

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: ruel

What operating system are you using?  Does it support AutoCAD 2009?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
ruel
in reply to: dgorsman

I am now using Windows 8.1.  It supports using AutoCAD every time I get the new activation code.   It works fine.  Then after a week or two or four, it decides that I need a new activation code.

Message 4 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: ruel

Welcome to the community Ruel!

@dgorsman was asking about your OS version as all sorts of weird things can happen when running a version of AutoCAD on an unsupported OS version, including random activation issues. I'm actually pretty surprised that this is the only issue you're facing.

As you can see from the article linked below, the 1st version of AutoCAD that is supported to run on Windows 8.1 is AutoCAD 2015.

Operating system compatibility for AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report