Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rental activation impossible for 3dsmax, even with fresh install

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
3DNA_BE
390 Views, 0 Replies

Rental activation impossible for 3dsmax, even with fresh install

Hello,

been struggling all the day with autodesk twitter help center to sort things out.

* 2 days ago, I subscribed a rental plan for Autodesk 3dsmax. Info filled and paiement made, I received a mail from autodesk telling me I would receive
an e-mail within the 12 hours or max 24 hours later with all the info. I waited 24 hours then began to be a bit frustrated. I wrote to support that

I had not received any info. They told me info were sent and that I had to check my spam folder and whitelist. I'm using gmail and obviously did check even before being asked to.

* I contacted twitter support who were very helpful (thank you !). They sent me an email with contract number, key and licence code + link to download.

* Max installed, I launched it and it asked me for ID and password. Typed them in but the account wasn't valid. @autodeskhelp told me to create an account. Seriously, why isn't the account generated automatically since we have to chose a login and password when subscribing to the rental plan; how is that even possible ?

* I created the account it and by I don't know which magic, everything that had to be downloaded was inside with codes and so on.

* I then launched max, inserted ID and password, a license check was done, I directly received an email with an activation code. Then I was in front of a window, with my license code, key and 3 solutions (image attached to the post) :

"login as a different user" "activate" and "quit".  But I cannot click activate ! It's grayed out.

* The licence code is editable, so I just retyped the (same) last digit and the "activate" button was then clickable. I clicked on it, received instantly another activation code by mail and a few moments later I was back to the same window with "login as different user" "activate" and "quit". Everytime I do that, I get a new activation code.

* If I unplug the network cable and do the same, I then can enter an activation code or get a request code. I sent the request code (which changes everytime) to @autodeskhelp and they sent me an activation code.It didn't work. License not valid.

* If i unplug network cable, access the activation page, then replug it and get the activation via internet, it says "license is active" ! I was like woohooo !

* Then I clicked ok, started max and got back to the "login as different user" "activate" and "quit".

HELL.

* There seems to be a "link" problem between my account and licensing. And since I never received the official "welcome email" when subscribing, I feel I'm missing something.

* Moreover, I don't know if it's relevant or not but everytime I log to my account I have to accept rental terms and accessing the page to manage the users is not available. Nothing is accessible in the user tab.

* So I was like "hehe, it's time for a fresh format and reinstall install !" I did it, 2 clean install, windows 7 pro or Windows 8 (not 8.1) pro, tried both with just Nvidia drivers, max installation and that same window again and again. Each time I receive an activation code...

I lost two days of my 30 days rental, the first because I never received the email and the second trying to make things that seem so simple working.

I am completely frustrated and don't have any clue of what to do. Tried everything I could.

Could someone help me please ? I feel like losing money in real time... Really need to get things started in max 2014, while it's still available.

Clean installs makes me think the problem may not be on my side and that something is wrong with my account.

Thank you very much for any help. I hope i'm in the right place to ask, sorry if the answer exists somewhere, I searched the whole day and couldn't find any.

Thanks,

Cheers,
Christophe

contract number is : xxxxxxxxxxx

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report