Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
Tyler.P1
7459 Views, 5 Replies

Renew license?

I have searched through the fourms, autodesk's website, and other sourses.
I still havent found out a clear, and legit answer.

After my student license expires, I will still be in school, and I will still fit the requirements of the student license. Will I beable to renew my license when it expires?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: Tyler.P1

Hi tyler.philcox,

I am making an assumption that you have the 2013 version now, 3 years from now we would already have released the 2014, 2015 and 2016 versions. If the software you are currently using has expired, you can download the same Product but of a different version though. You cannot use and download the same Product and version once 3 years is up.

Also, we always encourage EDU Site users to download and use the most current version as it's free of charge anyway.

Do note as well, that Products available in the EDU site are only up to 3 versions back. Thus, if we have already released the 2016 for example, then what's available for download would be 2015, 2014, 2013. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 6

Hi, my autocad license has expeired and I am trying to download v 2017 for mac os x. However, I get redirected to a windows download only. How do I find the correct software?

Best regards,

Dr Bonev

Message 4 of 6

@boyan.bonev

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Are you a student or educator?  What license (Product/Version did you have (that expired)?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 6

Hi Mark, yes, I am a University Professor. I am trying to renew Autocad license on a Mac, it's just run out.

Merry Christmas!

Message 6 of 6

@boyan.bonev

When a free student or educational expires you have to go back and request a new one (meaning a new version).  You can't renew the current one.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report