Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render nodes with Student Unlimited license for Maya 2011 (Mac 64-bit)?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Spinland
257 Views, 1 Reply

Render nodes with Student Unlimited license for Maya 2011 (Mac 64-bit)?

From my readings on setting up a render farm, it seems as though I'd have to install Maya itself on every machine.  Is this the case? If so, my understanding of my student license is I'm only able to install it on one machine. Does that mean I'm unable to set up a render farm, or is there something I'm missing here?

I'm not necessarily planning to use Mental Ray, I'm probably as likely to be doing Maya Software renders depending on the exercise requirements for my school work. I'm just running into some really long render times now, and I'd like to speed that up considerably.  My plan is to obtain and set up two dual-core machines (also running OS X) to make a four-node farm.

Some clarification and/or advice would be most welcome.

Many thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DarrenP
in reply to: Spinland

how render farm works with Max/Maya you just one license for the computer your working on

the render nodes you don't need a license for the products because your not actually opening up the program

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report