Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Valued Contributor
Spinland
Message 1 of 2 (156 Views)

Render nodes with Student Unlimited license for Maya 2011 (Mac 64-bit)?

156 Views, 1 Replies
07-12-2011 06:54 AM

From my readings on setting up a render farm, it seems as though I'd have to install Maya itself on every machine.  Is this the case? If so, my understanding of my student license is I'm only able to install it on one machine. Does that mean I'm unable to set up a render farm, or is there something I'm missing here?

I'm not necessarily planning to use Mental Ray, I'm probably as likely to be doing Maya Software renders depending on the exercise requirements for my school work. I'm just running into some really long render times now, and I'd like to speed that up considerably.  My plan is to obtain and set up two dual-core machines (also running OS X) to make a four-node farm.

Some clarification and/or advice would be most welcome.

Many thanks in advance!

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 2 of 2 (149 Views)

Re: Render nodes with Student Unlimited license for Maya 2011 (Mac 64-bit)?

07-12-2011 08:22 AM in reply to: Spinland

how render farm works with Max/Maya you just one license for the computer your working on

the render nodes you don't need a license for the products because your not actually opening up the program

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.