Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reinstalling revit 2014 in a different disk in the same computer

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
515 Views, 5 Replies

reinstalling revit 2014 in a different disk in the same computer

I need to transfer  the installation of revit 2014, from one  disk in the computer,  to another disk in the same computer( an SSD faster one),  am not shure how to do it  , whithout having  problems whith the licensing, or the reinstallation.  The SSD disk is the  C: drive Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

You'll have to reinstall.  The licensing will not work if you move it, even by cloning. 

You probably won't see much of an improvement though, as the I/O of the hard drive is not the bottle-neck in Revit. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

ok, thank you,  but  first i must export the license and then reimpot it? 

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

You can't export then import into the same computer.  Reinstallation onto a different drive should stay licensed so long as the original disk is still in the system.  Are you doing a replacement, format, etc?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

No , no format, just the chage of drive, the actual drive in which is the program is installed, is a Western Digital green version, and when it stops spining  in order to save energy, at  sometimes it causes some delays or even  program crashes.

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

If that original drive is staying then I suspect a reinstall is all you will need, assuming that drive or another drive with the original Windows installation still exists.  The license will be in the ProgramData\Flexnet folder.  I suspect as long as that doesn't change, you should be fine.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report