Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reinstalling AutoCAD 2015 after reformating HD due to virus

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tlbartels
188 Views, 3 Replies

reinstalling AutoCAD 2015 after reformating HD due to virus

My computer has caught a nasty virus and it has been recommended that it might be easier to reformat and start fresh then try to remove it.  Can I just download ACAD again and use my old serial number and product key?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: tlbartels

Most likely, yes.  You may have been upgraded to a newer version if you are current on Subscription in which case you will need to activate with the new serial number.

I'd also recommend you download the installer and keep a copy archived somewhere safe along with the pertinent information and updates.  That way you don't need to download multiple times or go searching for SPs/hotfixes/etc. which may no longer be posted.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
tlbartels
in reply to: dgorsman

Thank you for the reply dgorsman,

I do have the installer archived along with many other downloads that I fell are important.  I downloaded the installer on Sept 25 and ACAD 16 days ago.  I hope you are correct since I can't find a link to Autodesk help.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: tlbartels

You can always download your product from the Subscription Center, or from the Virtual Agent as well.  Worst case, you can always download the trial and activate with your serial number.

I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report