Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstall Maya Student version

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Attaora
903 Views, 2 Replies

Reinstall Maya Student version

(Please note that English is not my first language) Hello, I am a student in 3D animation and I was required to use the student 3 years free trial of Maya. I installed Maya 2014 on my computer last year. Unfortunately, my computer broke recently. Now I am trying to reinstall Maya on my new computer. I have made several attemps but nothing seems to work. I tried to install Maya 2015 from your website, but I am unable to activate my license, since my serial number doesn't work, probably because it is a more recent version of Maya. I tried to reinstall it from my Autodesk account but all I get is an infinite loading (as seen on the attached picture) no matter how many times I try. I am all out of ideas (and patience) I would like a detailed description of every step I need to follow to reinstall my free trail of Maya (2015 if possible) on my new computer and reactivate my student license.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: Attaora

Hi Maryse,

From what I understand, you have a Student Serial Number for Maya 2014 which you have downloaded from the Education Community Site. Meaning, you already have the 900-xxxxxxxx Serial Number for Maya 2014, correct? If that's the case, all you need to do is to download the 2014 installation files, which you can get from the Education Community site or from our Virtual Agent

Once you have downloaded and installed it to the new machine, it will take you automatically to the Activation Page. Once you reach that page, you just have to input your Serial Number and Product Key. Afterwhich, it should be good to go. 

Reply back and let me know if you need more clarification. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 3
Attaora
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Thank you for your answer. Do you also know if it is possible for me to
update it to Maya 2015?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report