Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
YolandaRuiz
533 Views, 2 Replies

REHOST LICENSE

I have a current activate network license w/ many Autodesk applications, and will need to rehost this license to another server. What is the process for this? I am hoping there is an easy way to to this w/ your help. Thank you. Let me know if you need any more info.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
emily.xu
in reply to: YolandaRuiz

Hi

Welcome to Autodesk Community!

For the license server, you will need to regenerate a new license file according to the new server information(servername and MAC address) and configure it.

For the client, just add a system environment variable (adskflex_license_file = @servername) to point to the new license server.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 3
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: YolandaRuiz

Hi Yolanda,

Just to quickly explain what Emily is talking about.

On your current server you have a utility installed called LMTools. Inside of LMTools you configure where to find your licence file (.lic). You would have received this file either from your VAR or Autodesk. In this .lic file it contains the Host name and Mac address.Once you have this file and paths set up on your server you install the software on the users desktop. 

Now to change a server you have to do the first part again. The steps would be the following:

1. Insert the Autodesk USB into the new server and select "Setup"
  2. Select the "Tools and Utilities" option
  3. Select "Network Licence Manager"
  4. Then go the the sortcut created on your desktop "LMTools"
  5. Go to the config services tab
  6. Give your service a name for example "ASDK 2014"
  7. For the imgrd file path, go to browse and select the imgrd file in C://Program Files/Autodesk Network Licence Manager
  8. Request a new .lic file from Autodesk or your VAR. Place that file in the same location C://Program Files/Autodesk Network Licence Manager
  9. For the log file select browse and type in the word "Debug" in the name section and select open
  10. Select the two tick boxes at the bottom
  11. Go to the Start/Start/Reread tab
  12. Select Force server shutdown.
  13. Stop the server
  14. Start the server
  15. Select reread (It should say reread successful)
  16. In the status enquiry tab, select status enquiry and it will tell you how many seats you have available.

Please let me know if you need any help with this and I will gladly assist you

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report