Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registry bit code for Network License

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
vlee
855 Views, 4 Replies

Registry bit code for Network License

We have network license for the Inventor Suite 2010 which includes Mechanical. But the user are getting prompted to activate their product when lanuching Mechanical and not Inventor. When I check the product information in mechanical it sees it as a standalone license. 2009 porducts and prior had a bit code in the registry that changes the product from standalone to network license and vice versa, but 2010, that code has changed. Does anyone know what the new code is?

here is the registry key that controls the license type in 2009 and prior:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R17.0\ACAD-5000:409\AdLM

Change Type=2a to Type=19. This will switch you to network licensing. You will then need to specify the license server the next time you launch the application.

Thanks

Vito
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: vlee

Yes. And it doesn't work now. Autodesk apparently *fixed* this issue. Uninstall and reinstall. Good luck.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
vlee

Nice! thanks for your responds. Glad I'm not the only one going through this pain.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Well, I've got my AutoCAD Inventor Series 2010 code
for my standalone seat and it works fine with Inventor 2010, but when I launch
AutoCAD Mechanical I'm prompted to activate the product (and the code given
doesn't work).

What gives? (Support request is sent to
Adesk).

--

Peer
Iv2009 Sp1/Iv2010
Lenovo ThinkStation
S10
Intel Core 2 Quad - 2.66GHZ
4GB RAM - WinXPSp3
Samsung SyncMaster
244T 24" 1920 x 1200
nVidia Quadro FX1700 - 512MB 6.14.11.6996
3Dconnexion
SpaceNavigator 3.6.7
Message 5 of 5
MarkPhilipp

I know this is late but the reason this occurs is because you have to configure both Inventor AND Mechanical for network licensing. When you click the "Configure" option in the installer for Inventor, you are ONLY configuring Inventor. You must make sure that you click on the "AutoCAD Mechanical" tab up top and choose network licensing for it as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report