Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redundant Server switch to Single

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
214 Views, 5 Replies

Redundant Server switch to Single

I have a user who installed as a redundant server on Win2k Pro PCs and then realized he needed to use either Win2K Server or Win2003 Server. So has to uninstall ADLM and reinstall as single server. Will he have to remove the client image and any deployments performed to the PCs and start from scratch? Can the existing images and deployments be set to function with a single server setup if it was intially set to redundant? I would recommend he uninstall everything and start over. Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like a mess. I definitely recommend that you just start over. Any image files created will likely point to the old server name, MAC address, etc. and will cause more problems than it is worth. Building a new image takes less time than trying to fix existing ones anyway. Good luck with that!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you Travis. "TravisNave" wrote in message news:18633187.1111008909232.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Sounds like a mess. I definitely recommend that you just start over. Any > image files created will likely point to the old server name, MAC address, > etc. and will cause more problems than it is worth. Building a new image > takes less time than trying to fix existing ones anyway. Good luck with > that!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

If this is 2004 or 2005 based product you can keep the Admin Image and use the Network Install Wizard (NIW) to modify the image and create a new deployment with the single server information. As for stations already installed, you can simply replace the LICPATH.LIC file with the single server version that will appear on workstations installed using the new deployment. Simply deploy the new deployment to a workstation, copy its LICPATH.LIC and use it to replace the file in all existing deployed workstations. Keep in mind that even running a single server model you can run into problems running the license manager on workstation operating systems. This is because they impose a 10 concurrent connection limit which can cause license denial and/or loss depending on activity on the system running the license manager. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "Garrak" wrote in message news:4238ba28$1_1@newsprd01... > Thank you Travis. > > "TravisNave" wrote in message > news:18633187.1111008909232.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >> Sounds like a mess. I definitely recommend that you just start over. >> Any image files created will likely point to the old server name, MAC >> address, etc. and will cause more problems than it is worth. Building a >> new image takes less time than trying to fix existing ones anyway. Good >> luck with that! > >
Message 5 of 6
TravisNave

No problem. All I am saying is that the time it would take to transfer and modify your existing image, then test the installation for accuracy, would be more work then making a new image that is more likely to succeed the first time. Why risk it?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Jerry, What errors will result with the workstation OS when the 10 concurrent user limit is reached? Thanks "jerry milana (Autodesk Consulting)" wrote in message news:4238e59b$1_2@newsprd01... > If this is 2004 or 2005 based product you can keep the Admin Image and use > the Network Install Wizard (NIW) to modify the image and create a new > deployment with the single server information. As for stations already > installed, you can simply replace the LICPATH.LIC file with the single > server version that will appear on workstations installed using the new > deployment. Simply deploy the new deployment to a workstation, copy its > LICPATH.LIC and use it to replace the file in all existing deployed > workstations. > Keep in mind that even running a single server model you can run into > problems running the license manager on workstation operating systems. > This is because they impose a 10 concurrent connection limit which can > cause license denial and/or loss depending on activity on the system > running the license manager. > > -- > Jerry Milana, > Autodesk Consulting > "Garrak" wrote in message > news:4238ba28$1_1@newsprd01... >> Thank you Travis. >> >> "TravisNave" wrote in message >> news:18633187.1111008909232.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >>> Sounds like a mess. I definitely recommend that you just start over. >>> Any image files created will likely point to the old server name, MAC >>> address, etc. and will cause more problems than it is worth. Building a >>> new image takes less time than trying to fix existing ones anyway. Good >>> luck with that! >> >> > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report