Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redundant server model weird problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
k.katsaras
432 Views, 4 Replies

Redundant server model weird problem

Hi all,

I have this weird problem. I have a redundant server model. Three different servers with the latest Lmtools installed (v11.7). I have the master server up and running and then I configure the other two. When I start the second server everything is ok and is up and running. When I start the third then the second stops. When I go and start the second the third one stops... I can't figure out why this is happening... I had the 11.5 version installed and it did the same thing... Now with the new version the same...

Has anyone came across this...?? Shouldn't all three servers appear up and running...??

Kind regards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hashim.mundol
in reply to: k.katsaras

Any specific errors within the log files of each server ?

are there any firewall rules blocking/limiting ports (27000-27009)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
k.katsaras
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Hi Hashim,

Thanks for the reply.

I solved it today but I don't realy know what was the problem.

To answer the question the log was quoting the message : " Cannot connect to license server system. The License Server Manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet, the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the port or hostname in the license file has been changed.

Server Name ###### <- It quoted the IP of the server and not the actual computer name"

The problem just kept repeating itself. When I started the 3rd server the 2nd went down and vice versa. The thing is that to make the server start I first pressed the stop and then the start button. For instance the 2nd server appeared to be down... I went to the lmtools there, I pressed the stop server to make sure that the service has stopped and then the start button and the server stated that it started succesfuly, I then moved to the server status to find out that the 3rd server has stopped and the above message was displayed. I then moved to the 3rd server pressed the stop button and then the start button and it stated that the server has started succesfuly. I moved to server status to find the above message for the 2nd server... and so on...

Today at some point I didn't press the stop button first but pressed the start button from the beggining and when I moved to the server status I found out that all 3 servers appeared running... I still can't figure out what the problem was... It appeared as if when I was pressing the stop button both servers stoped and when pressing the start button only the one I was logged in started..???

If I didn't follow the procedure I should or If you find anything else please post so It can serve as reference.

Kind regards,

Message 4 of 5
k.katsaras

Spoke too soon...

New glitch... When the master server is down the 2nd server although appears to be up does not produce a report. On server status the second server shows : Error getting status. Can not find license file. Flexnet licensing error : -1,71...On the third server when I hit server status it shows that the second server is up and running and is now the master server...

Any ideas...???

Message 5 of 5
hashim.mundol

what are the server Operating system,

from the working system earlier (11.5) what else has been changed,

hope all of them are on the same version.

do you have LMTOOLS ignores license path env. variable ticked ? on all servers.

one key to make redundant to work is to start all servers within a short time frame (1 mnt or so), if it is too quick or too delayed it seems to fail the heart beat test.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report