Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

josedch
Message 1 of 3 (130 Views)

recommendation to create a cloned machine with an Autodesk Software?

130 Views, 2 Replies
04-28-2014 09:00 AM

Hi, we are going to clone some machines, those machines have installed some Autodesk products. What should I do before create the clonation? Is there any thing that I have to do before and after the clonation?

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 2 of 3 (120 Views)

Re: recommendation to create a cloned machine with an Autodesk Software?

04-28-2014 09:27 AM in reply to: josedch

This will work far better with network licenses than stand-alone.  In fact, with a multi-seat stand-alone license it becomes very easy to overrun your allotment of licenses.

And while cloning can work, I'd recommend investigating SCCM or other deployment tools to push packages out to users.  This is superior from a software management perspective.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 3 of 3 (120 Views)

Re: recommendation to create a cloned machine with an Autodesk Software?

04-28-2014 09:28 AM in reply to: josedch

If it is stand-alone, it will probably break as the licensing cannot be cloned.  Network licensed installs clone perfectly.  If you are doing stand-alone, either don't... or install unactivated.  You might be able to activate after the clone.  But it's still a stretch.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.