Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving activation email every time I run Maya LT

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
jasonstark
3331 Views, 14 Replies

Receiving activation email every time I run Maya LT

Win8 64 bit, Maya LT

I downloaded and installed the trial of Maya LT. After the 15 days I decided to upgrade to a yearly subscription. I received my serial number and product key which I entered. Maya then connected to the Autodesk servers, I logged onto my Autodesk account and activation was successful.

However, now every time I run Maya it connects to the Autodesk servers to check my licensing infomation (which may be expected behaviour) and I receive the "Thank you for registering" email with a different activation code each time. Trying to enter the activation code by running Maya LT and going to About Maya LT / License Information / Activate just reports the activation code as being invalid.

Apart from filling my inbox full of needless emails everything seems to be working okay but I'm worried that something is wrong and going to stop working in the future.

Jason Stark,

Disparity Games

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
dembkod
in reply to: jasonstark

jasonstark,

Hello. I am thinking this could be a permissions permission problem. It should not reactivate every time. I am guessing when you first activated, the activation information that was sent back to the machine did not hold on your PC. Possibly Antivirus blockage or limited permissions. Check to ensure you have full permissions on this folder and I would turn off AV before you start next time. After you start, turn it back on.

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

I would not expect this to stop working until the term expires.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 15
jasonstark

Thanks for the speedy response! It's much appreciated. Strangely, even though the problem was common to our two artist's machines, it seems to have fixed itself.

We're no longer getting the emails, nor is Maya LT verifying itself via internet every time it runs.

Thanks again,

Jason Stark

Disparity Games

Message 4 of 15
leannethng
in reply to: dembkod

I am having the same issue on a mac, with Maya 2014. I had a 3 month subscription and after I renewed it for another 3 months it has started to activate everytime I open Maya and it sends me an activation email with a different activation code everytime. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: leannethng

Hello!

Have you ever been able to resolve the mac issue? I am having the same problem. I am getting emails everytime I start Maya. 

Regards! 

Message 6 of 15
leannethng
in reply to: Anonymous

No sadly I never managed to get it resolved. It went away for a period of
time but when i renewed my subscription it came back again for a week and
has since stopped again.

It is very frustrating but i have them set to auto-archive in my email now
so I am not bothered by it.
Message 7 of 15
jessica.t
in reply to: leannethng

Hi @tom,

Apologies for the inconvenience but the problem has proved to resolve itself after a few days. I wish I had a better work around / explanation for you but if the issue persists after a week please be sure to let us know. Sorry for the trouble! Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

Thnx guys for the answers!

I see, so this sounds like a common problem. I'll keep an eye on it and hopefully this problem will be gone automatically with me as well!

Regards! 

Message 9 of 15
SARDON

Hello everyone. I have the same problem with MAYA lt. Every time i run it i get an email from Autodesk with infos and the activation code.

I dont know what to do. 

Do you know how i can solve this problem?

Message 10 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: SARDON

hello, 

in my case, this weard problem indeed was gone after a few days. I have nothing special. 

Regards!

Message 11 of 15
SARDON
in reply to: Anonymous

I just subscribed yesterday. I will wait some days and see if it goes away.
Message 12 of 15
tyler

I am having the same issue, but with AutoCAD 2016. Every time I open the program it sends an activation email. I guess I'll just wait a few days and see if it resolves itself.

Message 13 of 15
joe.mandia

I am having the same issue on Mac for Maya 2016. I went to renew and now I get the activation page from Maya everytime. When I enter the serial number it just pops up again and then I get the email with the serial number and activation code. I need to get this to work ASAP as I have a deadline to hit and I cannot work again until I get Maya running again. Please help!

Tags (2)
Message 14 of 15

Same problem here, Maya 2016 on OSX. It's annoying but I guess I'll wait a few days and see.

Message 15 of 15
SARDON
in reply to: FrederickReilly

Hi. this has been a long time ago... xD

But i remember that after some days, i stopped receiving emails.

Still dont know what causes this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report