Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really weird issues trying to download student version of Autodesk Inventor

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
600 Views, 10 Replies

Really weird issues trying to download student version of Autodesk Inventor

Hello there;

I'm having really weird issues trying to install some versions of Inventor Professional 64 bits. I've tried both options (Install and browser download) with 2014, 2013 and 2012 version of the product. I get validation keys without any problem on mail, but I find problems in all the other ways. When trying to install using install button, I accept the agreement and it downloads a file. When clicking the file, I get "Install error: Network failure". When trying to download it from browser and then opening the file, it seems to need some parts I don't have.

I just formated my computer and need the product as soon as possible for my university project. Could someone help me, please?

Thank you very Much;

Marcos.Smiley Happy

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
camilo.lemos
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Marcos and welcome to the Autodesk Community:)

Please, disable your anti-virus and firewall programs and download the software from our Virtual Agent following these instructions.

After the download and installation have been completed, you can re-enable your anti-virus and firewall.

Let me know if you need any additional assistance or please hit the Accept as Solution button if this post has completely solved your issue.

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hello,
Thanks for your help.
However, I deactivated my anti-virus and firewall and is still saying that some files are corrupt at the end of the extraction. It downloaded fine (I didn't get any crash window or something), but still isn't working. Can you help me in some other way?
Thanks in advance.
Message 4 of 11
mbauman
in reply to: camilo.lemos

I am having the same problem trying to install Inventor as Marcos describes.  I have disabled Norton on my computer but the problem persists.

What was the solution?

Thank you

Michael

Message 5 of 11
jessica.t
in reply to: mbauman

Hi Michael and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please take the following steps upon your next download attempt:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

If the problem persists please reply with further information include your system specifications. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 6 of 11
mbauman
in reply to: jessica.t

Jessica,  

Thank you for replying so quickly.

I have been on travel and have not been able to try your suggestions until toady.  I continue to have the same problem.

My system is a Dell Inspiron laptop unning Window 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1.  I have Windows set to automatically update.  I have been using Chrome as my preferred broser.  I have been trying to use the Install Now option.

What other information would be helpful?

Regards,

Michael

Message 7 of 11
jessica.t

Hi Michael,

If you could please provide an attachment of your installation log file I would be happy to look further into the issue. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 8 of 11
mbauman

Hi Jessica,

Attached are the files I think that you are interested in.  I took a quick look at them and see that they reference other directories (like _AIF1BD.tmp).  These folders are also still on my computer.  I tried to attach the complete folder but this web page would not allow that.  If you would like anthing from them let me know.

Thank you for your help,

Michael

Message 9 of 11
jessica.t

Hi Michael,

I don't see any specific failures in those logs, have you tried changing download methods?

Jessica Thrasher
Message 10 of 11
mbauman

Hi Jessica,

As you sort of suggested I tried another method and have been successful!  I used the browser download and that ended up working.  I have now go through the introduction videos and the first two tutorials and Inventor has been working fine.

For anyone else who may benifit I did the following when using the browser download.

1. The download put two application files onto my computer one with "001_002" in the title and one with "002_002" in the title for a combined total of about 4 gigs.
  2. I did not see any guidence as to what to do next so I guessed and ran the "001_002" application.  My computer started working but there was nothing on the screen to tell me what was happening.  It took somewhere between 30 and 60 minutes (I got up and left so I do not know for sure).
  3. I next ran the application "002_002".  This time there was information telling me that it was Self Extracting whick took about 10 minutes and when it completed the extracting it started the installation program.  A note about disk space is important here; between the 4 gigs of application and the 8 gigs of extraction files I ran short on disk space and had to move over to a larger disk (my C: drive is relatively small and my 😧 drive is much larger).
  4. The installation went smoothly; I selected all default answers except I installed on my 😧 drive instead of my C: drive.  The installation took about an hour but there was clear screen indication of the progress being made.
  5. After the installation I restarted Windows.  I did not see anything that said that I needed to do this but many things seem to work better if that is done.
  6. The first time I started Inventor it took several minutes (maybe 5) before I saw anything happening on the screen.  I just staired at my desktop wondering if something was wrong.  Patience was rewarded eventually by the Inventor screen and some initial questions needed for the first start including the authorization codes which it verified over the internet (so you need to be connected for the first time you run Inventor).
  7. Subsequent starts have been much faster but you still need to wait a little bit (30 seconds or a minute) before you see anything but your desktop.

With that said I am a happy camper!

Thank you Jessica for your help.

Michael

Message 11 of 11
lynn_zhang

@mbauman Glad to hear your download was successful! And thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm sure our other community members will benefit from this.

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report