Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivate Autodesk After Reinstall

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
PSCW
337 Views, 4 Replies

Reactivate Autodesk After Reinstall

Greetings.

I am facing a problem with two PCs that suddenly crashed and the hard disks had to be replaced. We were not able to export the licenses before replacing the HDDs. So after installing the package again on the new HDDs, we tried using the activation codes that were received by e-mail when we activated the product online the first time but unfortunately the code was not accepted.

Could you please advise on how to proceed?

Thank you and Regards.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: PSCW

You need new activation codes: you cannot use old ones. Reauthorize your software, allowed for all legal software owners. It's allowed.
Message 3 of 5

Hello,

I have had huge problems the last few month with my PC and changed the mainboard yesterday.

Now all Autodesk applications can't find the license data anymore.

I find in the FAQ's that I have to reauthorize the licences - but I haven't a single clue how to do that. Is there any support E-mail?

Can I do it online? I only get an error message when I try to open a program and can't contact anyone...

Or is it necessary to reinstall all software?

Thank you very much for hlep

Kind Regards

Carolin

Message 4 of 5

Did you get Subscription along with your product?  This allows you to submit direct support requests, including re-authorizing licenses.  Second to that, if you purchased through a reseller they can also provide some direct assistance.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5

Hello Dgorsman,

Thank you very much. I will try this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report