Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Maya 2015 failed installation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
224 Views, 1 Reply

Re: Maya 2015 failed installation

Hi Philip, perhaps you can help solve my problem as well.

I have been posting in the forums for a few days now and no one has been able to assist me with getting Maya 2015 to install on a Windows 8.1 box in it's entirety. At first I was having the same issues as Ally, it turned out to be an issue with C++. I uninstalled as instructed and attempted to install again, without any C++ versions installed on my machine I was still getting the 1603 error code. 

I next attempted to install via the virtual assistant downloads, which worked to get me past the C++ phase (no idea why), but then froze when installing SP2 and would not proceed. I then re-attempted the first method of installation, and luckily it got through installing Maya 2015. Unfortunately however, when it went to show me what had installed, neither DirectConnect or mental ray had installed. After studying each log (attached below) it appears that once again the C++ 1603 error is present, but only in the mental ray and DirectConnect installs.

How in the hell could maya have installed correctly, but mental ray and DirectConnect cannot use that C++ version?!? Maya was only able to install AFTER the virtual assistant (VA) installed the right C++ versions.

It seems for some reason my connection always expires just before installing C++ 2008. The VA version fixed this problem because I assume the VA downloads carry with them the correct C++ version, allowing them to be installed without contacting your network. 

Not sure if its a problem with my machine, or your network, or the fact that I'm slowly going crazy trying to get this to install; but regardless, hopefully you can help!

-Matt

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Okay I think I finally got it installed...

I figured that after getting Maya to successfully install its C++ parts from the virtual assistant (VA) version, I should try using the VA version again to install the C++ aspects without connecting to your network. Voila, it worked!

There is something strange happening when Windows 8.1 attempts to connect to your network to install the C++ versions. Maybe you can look into it, I'd like to know what the deal was. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report