Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re Loading AutoCAD LT 2011

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Designer_dog
543 Views, 4 Replies

Re Loading AutoCAD LT 2011

I uninstalled AutoCAD LT 2011 about a year ago and went to reinstall and the import wizard tells me it is already installed. I did allot of searching for similar issues and found allot of info on how to reinstall. Everything from ACAD's recommended cleaning to using 3'rd party SW (CC Cleaner) to clean your system of unused DLL's but nothing has worked to this point. There is a file or marker still on the system which is preventing a reload of the LT 2011.

Hopefully someone has run into this and can let me know what is stopping the reload.

I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 7, I am trying to load from original discs.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: Designer_dog

What about a reinstall?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 5
Designer_dog

Thanks for the help, but I do not get an option to "re-install". When I load the disc the install wizard only shows "Install Products" which I click on. The next page shows two options 1, AutoCAD LT 2011 which is greyed out and says it is already installed and the other is 2. Autodesk Design Review.

Why my system thinks AutoCAD LT 2011 is currently installed after it was uninstalled using the supplied utility and my system cleaned using CC Cleaner is odd.

This is very frustrating and lack of clear support from Autodesk is troubling.

Message 4 of 5
philip.s

Hi Ken,

What OS are you on? Have you already tried running Microsoft Fix-it?

Message 5 of 5
Designer_dog
in reply to: philip.s

Hi Philip!

I was poking around this forum after my thread got bumped here (for good reason) and found a thread on "Install Option Greyed out" and they suggested the MS FIX-IT also. I ran it just now and it removed the registry files which had been causing the issue and am re loading LT 2011 now.

This is a very good forum I need to learn how to navigate through it better.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report