Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-installing Bldg Design Suite Premium 2013

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tstewart
501 Views, 7 Replies

Re-installing Bldg Design Suite Premium 2013

The Revit software will not launch. All other software in the Bldg. Design Suite launches, so what should I do to launch Revit from the Bldg. Design Suite 2013?

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
asburyj
in reply to: tstewart

Hi Tstewart,

Are you getting an error message of any kind when trying to launch Revit? Usually when revit won't launch when other software does I have found the problem to be video card related. Try updating your video drive to the latest available. In other cases the settings of "Switchable" grapics cards may need to be changed. See details below. 

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/08/fatal-error-autocad-architecture-2014-2012-geforc... 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 8
dembkod

tstewart,

Hello. If updating your graphics does not help, look at your windows Event Viewer to see if any messages display around your startup time. They may point to a failing module. It may ultimately be worth uninstalling and reinstalling, but you should only need to focus on the one program as opposed to eth whole suite..

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 4 of 8
tstewart

Another note - the software was installed and worked previously with no issues. It stopped launching, so I uninstalled and re-installed the suite.
Message 5 of 8
tstewart
in reply to: dembkod

The suite worked previously and recently (last 2 days) stopped launching Revit, so I uninstalled and re-installed. Now the short will no longer work properly.
Message 6 of 8
asburyj

Did you try a windows system restore to a time when it was working properly? 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/system-restore

Jeffry Asbury
Message 7 of 8
tstewart
in reply to: asburyj

AsburyJ:

The video card is the latest (no updates available) and all programs loaded and launched except Revit.

TS
Message 8 of 8
asburyj

Windows system restore would be my next suggestion. Since we aren't sure what change on the system lead to the problelm that would be the easiest thing to try to solve it.

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report